• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

It's not like we lack assets. DD, Val, kids that made up the best bench in the league.

Val is expiring

Our kids are nice, but not at the level of LAL, if they want to go crazy

DD is interesting, but i guess it depends what SAS is going to do, if they still want to compete with Aldridge, then DDR makes sense, but if they go pure rebuild he absolutely does not.

Val is expiring

Randle has a QO, but wants a big ass extension. It's not exactly a better situation than they would be in contractually with Val.

Our kids are nice, but not at the level of LAL, if they want to go crazy

Sure, if they want to go crazy.

DD is interesting, but i guess it depends what SAS is going to do, if they still want to compete with Aldridge, then DDR makes sense, but if they go pure rebuild he absolutely does not.

They're not going full rebuild with Pop as their coach. How bad of a roster would you have to give Pop for him to win less than 35 games?

Randle has a QO, but wants a big ass extension. It's not exactly a better situation than they would be in contractually with Val.

Sure, if they want to go crazy.

They're not going full rebuild with Pop as their coach. How bad of a roster would you have to give Pop for him to win less than 35 games?

Would it really shock anyone if Pop had maybe 1 year left? make it a transition year for whoever. Dude has won a lot and gone through a lot recently, and minus Leonard they are a non entity regardless what they get in a deal.

Would it really shock anyone if Pop had maybe 1 year left? make it a transition year for whoever. Dude has won a lot and gone through a lot recently, and minus Leonard they are a non entity regardless what they get in a deal.

It really depends on how he reacts to the death of his wife. Some people bury themselves in work, and some people want to just **** off and sit on a beach for the next 20 years and listen to the waves.

So would it shock me if he was the latter? No. I don't think he is, but it wouldn't shock me.

Masai should be all over trying to get Kawhi. I don't see the Raps having the best offer unless Pop sees something in OG and Peoltl as the centerpieces. IF thats the case i'd be pretty wary of making a deal with a Pop led team.

I wouldn't do this unless we have Kawhi locked into a deal long term though. No chance i move long term pieces for 1 year. Especially considering that kawhi is coming off a long layoff and might not be right for a while.

Lowry
Derozan
Kawhi
Ibaka
Val

Thats a pretty nasty starting unit.

TheSteinLine

Draft scuttle: Hearing Toronto is exploring all of its trade options in hopes of assembling a deal to acquire a draft pick high enough to select Kentucky's Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

According to one league source, no one on Toronto's roster is off limits as the Raptors pursue a top-10 pick

tribjazz

To piggyback on Marc, I've heard from several places Kyle Lowry is very available

The thought process is probably something similar to what I mentioned at the end of the season. First that Lowry has more value than I think most people assume, and second that Fred & Delon can do an above average job at those PG minutes and really, Fred was the SG on the second unit. Get a 3&D shooting guard for that unit and transfer Fred to the starting 5 and I don't think you lose that much quality.

SGA is an interesting name in this draft. He doesn't have the type of ceiling that you would want out of a star player, but he's hyper advanced at just about every "intangible" you want from a PG. If he had a jump shot, he would be in the conversation for a top 5 pick in what is a really, really good draft.

Here's a really good breakdown of SGA from one of my favourite youtube scouting sources

[video=youtube;9B1c_smQiko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1c_smQiko[/video]

TheSteinLine

Draft scuttle: Hearing Toronto is exploring all of its trade options in hopes of assembling a deal to acquire a draft pick high enough to select Kentucky's Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

According to one league source, no one on Toronto's roster is off limits as the Raptors pursue a top-10 pick

tribjazz

To piggyback on Marc, I've heard from several places Kyle Lowry is very available

Wouldnt surprise me at all if both DD and Lowry are moved

I think I’d puke If James signed here. I wouldn’t be able to cheer for the team as long as he was a member. Lol

Dwight Howard to the Nets for Mozgov + 2 2nd's.

The draft one day away. Some talk out there that Powell is available. Not sure how i feel about that. Moving him at his absolute lowest value doesn't seem smart unless Masai thinks he is toast. Before last season he was looked at as a solid wing prospect. I guess they might just want to cut salary to not be in the tax. Either way i'm not sure how that improves the team unless we get a good player/pick back.

Also some reporters feel one of Lowry/Derozan may be moved. Not sure i buy it.

Donatas Urbonas
@Urbodo
Jonas Valanciunas on Nick Nurse appointment: “It’s a good news for me. We were always in a really good relationship. We spent a lot of time together, made a lot of shots. I’m really happy to see him as a Raptors head coach.”

Jonas Valanciunas revealed Toronto Raptors coach Nick Nurse will travel to Poland to watch him play in FIBA 2019 qualifiers with Lithuania National Team jersey. “Nick told he will be there for sure, because he wants to meet me and talk.”

Valanciunas on coach Casey dismissal: “Changes are inevitable. I had really good moments with him. We were 1st in the East, won 59 games & it’s not every season like this. But it was not up to me and coach. Management decided to go different path. We’ll try to live without him.”

Valanciunas on his future with Raptors: “Even if somebody say you’re safe, untradeable, you never know. Maybe they’ll need some player or to be under the tax. Now I feel safe, but I can’t be guaranteed for nothing. I have good relationship with coach Nurse, but it’s business”

Nurse seems smart enough that i believe he can expand on Val's game. Hopefully we get a motivated and in shape Val to start the year. I'm very happy we didn't move him last year. I still think if used properly Val can give you enough to take advantage of a lot of teams.

I want both Kyle and Demar gone, tbh.

and Ibaka too, if possible.

Keep everyone else.

hopefully get a couple solid youngsters out of the deals.

Getting rid of Ibaka would be a tremendous piece of work by Masai but i don't see it happening. What a screw up that move ended up being. If we used those assets to pick up an actual difference making PF our fortunes the last 2 years may have been different. Just for comparison what if we ended up making a move for Paul Millsap? I know he was hurt parts of last year and by all accounts had a down year i think he'd still be an upgrade on Ibaka. Or if we made that move a year before and picked up Al Horford?

Ibaka was a miss. Its unfortunate it didn't work out but i had high hopes for him on this team as a 3rd fiddle.

Keep everyone else.

Doug Smith mentioned he expects both to be gone. He thinks this team has run its course .

Getting rid of Ibaka would be a tremendous piece of work by Masai but i don't see it happening. What a screw up that move ended up being. If we used those assets to pick up an actual difference making PF our fortunes the last 2 years may have been different. Just for comparison what if we ended up making a move for Paul Millsap? I know he was hurt parts of last year and by all accounts had a down year i think he'd still be an upgrade on Ibaka. Or if we made that move a year before and picked up Al Horford?

Ibaka was a miss. Its unfortunate it didn't work out but i had high hopes for him on this team as a 3rd fiddle.

I thought it was one of the worst signings of the summer . His game gone to the shits and no longer the rebounder and SB he was years ago.

Third team in what 4 years , our GM messed this one up .

Keep everyone else.

I would be talking with Philly about a DD for Covington and # 10 swap.

It gives us some cap space and maybe they can include some other kids who are rotting on their bench .

That gives us a nice young piece at # 10 .

Back