• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Other than not having an high-level setup man or a really good lefty (kill two birds with one stone?), I like our pen.

Shatkins won't attempt to obtain either of those though - so whateves..

Other than not having an high-level setup man or a really good lefty (kill two birds with one stone?), I like our pen.

Shatkins won't attempt obtain to obtain either of those though - so whateves..

Watson would look good in our pen, although he's not the dominant force he was a couple years ago, would still be a more or less reliable lefty who would look fine in an 8th inning role.

AA had his velo tick up last year and also was one of 3 RP who did not give up a HR, it's not impossible he could be of some use vs RHH this season, and frankly with OF/SP still of larger need this is the exact sort of pen deal we should be looking at.

.240 hitter with 25hr power, solid D. 2 years ago was awesome (3 WAR in 100 games), but has had trouble staying in the lineup. He's got some potential, but hasn't put a full season together yet to show it off.

Pros

cheap
elements of power and speed

Cons

does not walk, or hit for any form of avg
had odd reverse splits last season
might be pure trash.

I mean i guess if this leaves the funds to get a SP, but **** me if this guy is the answer for the everyday RF job.

Back