• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

well, another guy projected as a 1war guy this year (albeit in limited atbats), so fits the M.O.

but he has power and legit fielding, so i kind of like him.

also probably smart to sell high on Leone, just because RP are RP.

Greene seemingly not considered much of a prospect anymore, which i agree with, even though some offseason rankings still rated him for some reason.

i kinda like this move, even though it's not shooting for the stars. i worry a bit about leone being legit. more likely to be hendriks redux though.

more exciting for me is that this seems to force them into making more moves now for real.

Solid deal for the Cards. They got two legit pitching options for a guy that couldn't crack their lineup.

Leone was pretty solid last year. If he can keep it up, then yeah, awesome deal for them. Now the question is how do we spend the money to patch up the bullpen, since we just lost one of our reliable arms from last year.

Leone was pretty solid last year. If he can keep it up, then yeah, awesome deal for them. Now the question is how do we spend the money to patch up the bullpen, since we just lost one of our reliable arms from last year.

Jays have a deep bullpen and can afford to lose Leone.

Hendriks has been pretty ****ing legit for Oakland. He's a bit HR prone, but he's a very solid late inning rightie. Leone turning out like Hendriks would make this deal worse, not better.

Grichuk kinda reminds me of Rasmus, in the sense that he's a very toolsy looking player that just needs to put it all together. He could be really something if he can learn some discipline and get the **** on base.

Like Rasmus though i assume he'll frusterate with the abundance of K's, i can only hope he lacks the ******* dad.

Funny, Cards took us for 2 good RP then too, and i fully expect them to convert Greene to a RP, and bypass his awful starting numbers. That org knows pitching

I now really fail to see the point of Zeke on this roster.

With Solarte and Diaz able to play the OF in addition to their duties as bandaids for Tulo/Travis i dont see the point of a OF5

2B-Travis
SS-Tulo
3B-Donaldson
1B-Smoak
DH- Cuban Country Breakfast
C-Martin
LF-Granderson
CF-Pillar
RF-Grichuk

INF-Solarte
INF-DIaz
C-Maile
OF-Pearce

Lol yeah, no Zeke, Pearce

Last edited:
I now really fail to see the point of Zeke on this roster.

With Solarte and Diaz able to play the OF in addition to their duties as bandaids for Tulo/Travis i dont see the point of a OF5

2B-Travis
SS-Tulo
3B-Donaldson
1B-Smoak
DH- Cuban Country Breakfast
C-Martin
LF-Granderson
CF-Pillar
RF-Grichuk

INF-Solarte
INF-DIaz
C-Maile
OF-Zeke i guess, but maybe you can do better.

Pearce has to be on the team.

What about Hernandez too?

Pearce has to be on the team.

What about Hernandez too?

Teoscar will start in AAA. Let him play full-time there until he forces his way back up.

Zeke is just extra insurance. I expect if everyone is healthy, they'll just start with Diaz on the farm and Pearce up, but once Travis or Tulo get hurt, then Diaz comes back up as the backup IF.

I forgot Pearce lol, though i had him in LF with Grandy. He's going to be on there. Zeke is useless now

The thing with Teoscar is he still K's too much, 40% is stupid. He needs to address that.

If he does, you can create room for him very easy by dumping one of Grandy/Pearce, let him take PA away from Grichuk, or my personal favourite, punt Morales into outer space and make Hernandez the LF and Grandy/Pearce the DH.

You could also trade Pillar, if Teoscar/Alford prove ready for CF, or move Grichuk to CF even, there are options.

I forgot Pearce lol, though i had him in LF with Grandy. He's going to be on there. Zeke is useless now

The thing with Teoscar is he still K's too much, 40% is stupid. He needs to address that.

If he does, you can create room for him very easy by dumping one of Grandy/Pearce, let him take PA away from Grichuk, or my personal favourite, punt Morales into outer space and make Hernandez the LF and Grandy/Pearce the DH.

You could also trade Pillar, if Teoscar/Alford prove ready for CF, or move Grichuk to CF even, there are options.

Yup. If either forces their way onto the roster, lots of room to move other guys around with nobody truly stopping them, but they don't have to be forced too high until they're ready. It's not a pretty OF, but given that we got about 1 WAR combined from our corner-OF last year, if this collection can put up 3-4 WAR between them, that's a decent improvement. I mean, I wish we could actually afford to spend more than 6M on an outfielder but I guess we're not in horrible shape at least now...

The thing about a guy like Grichuk, a toolsy sort, if the right hitting coach can figure him out all of a sudden a 1.5W player becomes 2.5+ in a hurry and you have yourself a controlled, cheap beast.

Park factor is going to be a big jump for him too.

Like, Zeke, i dig this move, and i dig it more if they shove whatever money they have left on the best SP possible, and considering Happ and Estrada are pending FA and nothing really jumps out as MLB ready in AAA for 2019, i tend to think they will be open to a multi year deal on a SP, whereas less so on a OF, considering Teoscar, Alford and even Pompey are close to MLB ready.

NBCSPhilly

Per autopsy report, Roy Halladay had traces of morphine, amphetamine and Ambien in his system during fatal plane crash.

Fun Stat of the Day

Career:

Yelich (26): 2812pa, .356babip, 121wrc+, 4.0war/650
Grichuk (26): 1386pa, .313babip, 108wrc+, 3.4war/650

Note: Grichuk has much less of a platoon split (108/102) than Yelich does (130/95), too. Grichuk's split there is actually a reverse split.

Avg of Steamer and Zips (* = steamer-only)

2B Travis 102wrc+, 2.8war/650
3B Donaldson 140wrc+, 6.3war/650
1B Smoak 116wrc+, 2.3war/650
LF Pearce 109wrc+, 1.5war/650
DH Morales 106wrc+, 1.0war/650
RF Granderson 105wrc+, 1.5war/650
C Martin 101wrc+, 3.8war/650
SS Tulowitzki 98wrc+, 2.8war/650
CF Pillar 90wrc+, 2.9war/650

UT Solarte* 101wrc+, 1.8war/650 (Hernandez 89wrc+, 0.9war/650)
OF Grichuk 100wrc+, 1.8war/650 (Carrera 85wrc+, 0.0war/650)
IF Diaz* 96wrc+, 1.9war/650 (Ngoepe 53wrc+, -0.6war/650)
C Maile 52wrc+, -0.1war/650 (Jansen 85wrc+, 2.3war/650)

Back