• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

What if Atkins flips Solarte + Clippard for that upside lotto ticket in Low-A? Doesn't that end up being the same anyway. Deadline hasn't past yet.

What if Atkins flips Solarte + Clippard for that upside lotto ticket in Low-A? Doesn't that end up being the same anyway. Deadline hasn't past yet.

That's what i'm expecting, but i'd have preferred Solarte and Happ flipped for lotto tickets and Drury just be left alone.

I'd prefer Smoak and Pillar be moved instead of kept

I'd be cool running out some of our lesser thought of prospects like Urena, Smith, J Davis and Tellez in 2019 over these vets, even if they are worse, since at the end of the day 80 wins vs 70 wins is the same thing, and you might find out if any of these Bison sorts are worth keeping

Jim Bowden

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is now hitting .403 for the year. In this century no minor league player has ever hit .400 according to Baseball America. However, don’t look for a call-up anytime soon. Mark Shapiro told me on Tuesday that Guerrero would not be bypassing AAA.

Yup, no Vlad this year.

"won't bypass AAA"

(whispers "won't even promote him to AAA")

why these ****s feel the need to treat us like idiots is beyond me.

"won't bypass AAA"

(whispers "won't even promote him to AAA")

why these ****s feel the need to treat us like idiots is beyond me.

I thought they were going to move him up to AAA after the all-star break? Are they worried that he's going to crush AAA pitching too, making it harder to justify keeping him down for the first month of next season?

I'm telling you, i have a really unsettling feeling he's coming up in July 2019, not April, after we have to watch him pistol whip AAA pitching

Best comment was how McKinney is a really hard talent to come by because he’s decidedly average. Atkins literally said he’s good because everything about him is average. He is just so out of his league.

Best comment was how McKinney is a really hard talent to come by because he’s decidedly average. Atkins literally said he’s good because everything about him is average. He is just so out of his league.

I adored that it would be very hard to improve upon our position players, and now is the time to get controlled pitching.

I'm terrified to learn what the SP equivalents of Aledmys Diaz and Brandon Drury are.

N2M, that we are 24th in position player WAR this year.

Nothing to fix here.

pray pray and pray some more that our drafts/IFA signings produce a bunch of stars, because that's the only way we're ever getting any.

Supercheap 2019 - Dump all of Martin, Tulo, Pillar, Smoak, Solarte, Morales.

CF Pompey 26
RF Grichuk 27
LF McKinney 24
3B Gurriel 25
SS Diaz 28
2B Travis 28
1B Tellez 24
C Jansen 24
DH Hernandez 26

UT Drury 26 ---- Biggio 24
OF Smith 26 ---- Alford 24
IF Lopes 25 ---- Urena 23
C Maile 28 ----- McGuire 24

X - Guerrero 20, Bichette 21

SP Stroman 28
SP Sanchez 26
SP Borucki 25
SP Pannone 25
SP SRF 23
SP Zeuch 23

RP Osuna 24
RP Tepera 31
RP Biagini 29
RP Gaviglio 29
RP Loup 31
RP Barnes 29
RP Mayza 27

I adored that it would be very hard to improve upon our position players, and now is the time to get controlled pitching.

I'm terrified to learn what the SP equivalents of Aledmys Diaz and Brandon Drury are.

N2M, that we are 24th in position player WAR this year.

Nothing to fix here.

Cleveland North

Here's hoping that Rogers either sells the ****ing team, or that fan interest plummets so ****ing hard that the suits actually notice.

CF Pompey 26
RF Grichuk 27
LF McKinney 24
3B Gurriel 25
SS Diaz 28
2B Travis 28
1B Tellez 24
C Jansen 24
DH Hernandez 26

SP Stroman 28
SP Sanchez 26
SP Borucki 25
SP Pannone 25
SP SRF 23
SP Zeuch 23

RP Osuna 24
RP Tepera 31
RP Biagini 29
RP Gaviglio 29
RP Loup 31
RP Barnes 29
RP Mayza 27

Over under on wins: 70

No.

Travis and Diaz are worse, and Solarte is probably gone within the next few weeks.

Bichette i bet you see here July 2nd at the earliest, and it's entirely possible he spends a full year in AAA with this group.

Vlad yes,

Gurriell, could be the new Solarte, but maybe.

Tulo, lolz.

All of Travis, Diaz and Tulo can outplay Drury next season. Hell Donaldson might even be on the team. Once Bo and Vladdy are here Drury is toast forsure.

This trade was miss by Shatkins. It doesn't move the needle now and won't in the future either.

Last edited:

CF Pompey 26
RF Grichuk 27
LF McKinney 24
3B Gurriel 25
SS Diaz 28
2B Travis 28
1B Tellez 24
C Jansen 24
DH Hernandez 26

SP Stroman 28
SP Sanchez 26
SP Borucki 25
SP Pannone 25
SP SRF 23
SP Zeuch 23

RP Osuna 24
RP Tepera 31
RP Biagini 29
RP Gaviglio 29
RP Loup 31
RP Barnes 29
RP Mayza 27

They wont even do this though, they have mentioned numerous times how they value having veterans with kids, so they might get a 77 win team as opposed to 70 without cashing in on any value some of those vets might have had

Not dealing Solarte or Smoak for example this deadline, is hella stupid

Also, zero chance Travis is on the club next year.

After they part ways with Gibbons, there are zero people left in the org who like that guy

And as for keeping the gang together, everyone knew it was an old team that's window would shut. We just wanted them to actually go for it while they had a contending team instead of slowly let it crumble without obtaining any value in the process. The goal is to win a world series. When you have a contender you go for it. Or you never win a world series.

3 years later they still haven't picked a direction. Where can you expect to end up without a direction.

The smart play was to go all in for 1-3 years and then start the rebuild. They haven't done either.

Yup. They didn't add to the very good 2015 and 2016 teams and the haven't stripped apart the 2017 and 2018 teams they let age. They've done nothing.

I'd also be stunned if Pompey is still with the org next year, he's been shuffled down to AA and can't stay healthy, i suspect Smith and Davis are even ahead of him.

pompey is back in AAA and killing it again, and he's one of the only young "OF" we have that can actually play the field.

Back