• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

I agree, It's terribly clichéd and nothing special. Virtually every scene has been done in other war movies.

It appeals to "Rah-Rah America" people.
The only kind of movie that's more overdone is:

...the inspirational tale of an underdog (high school or college) football (player, team) who overcame (racism, poverty, disability, the odds) to (win the big game, inspire a nation, have a better life, etc).

The only kind of movie that's more overdone is:

...the inspirational tale of an underdog (high school or college) football (player, team) who overcame (racism, poverty, disability, the odds) to (win the big game, inspire a nation, have a better life, etc).

You leave Radio and his misfit tale of triumph out of this

Air-Bud-Golden-Receiver.jpg

And a history of negroes.

I chuckled whenever the hockey guys had to promote that. they sounded so uncomfortable saying it.

John Wick is very good. Yes, you've seen the plot a thousand times, yet it's done so well and is so entertaining, you don't care.

Wild is also very good. That woman was an idiot, but it's a well made and acted film.

Speaking of John Wick, a BluRay rip is available online.

Speaking of John Wick, a BluRay rip is available online.

Saw it in the theatre - and as was mentioned, it's nothing new in the revenge flick trope. Because of that, the first five minutes are all that are dedicated to setting up the revenge plot - the rest of the movie is a slow and methodical killing spree.

Solid flick.

Justified's final season premiered last night, dl'd but am going to watch the last couple episodes of season 5 before indulging.

Back