• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

spectacular is a bit much.

There is nothing spectacular about the Gambler.

The story sucks, the ending sucks, the "gambling" makes no sense.

Only saving grace is Goodman is entertaining

I'll watch it just to see his performance. Goodman is a good actor.

The movie itself, even in the clips, doesn't look that great. Walberg looks like, well, Walberg.

The Gambler's been on torrent since it was released. Some studio head thought they should give that crappy film to academy members.

Just finished watching Birdman and thought it was awesome, Keaton and Norton were great in it.

The GF and myself have also enjoyed The Fall so far. Felt like season one was stronger than the first two episodes of season two but we'll see. We both can't help but keep referring to Gibson as Scully haha.

There's talk of bringing back The X-Files. I think a series of tv movies instead of a full series. Sounds good to me.

The fall is a bit slow, but surprisingly gripping... its not cliff hanger stuff, but I really stayed interested in it.

I know some people appreciate this stuff...

I bought the new animated Justice League: Throne of Atlantis, and thought it was great stuff. I bought it despite a bunch of bad reviews, and on the strength of that, I went ahead and got Justice League: War. Also awesome!

Those of you who are fans will like them both.

Caught a few seconds of that new show with John Ritter's kid and remarked that he could be the face for a new Three's Company retread. Make it a period comedy.

mccarthyscanren1.jpg

The fall is a bit slow, but surprisingly gripping... its not cliff hanger stuff, but I really stayed interested in it.
Yeah I've started watching the fall recently and I enjoy it. It's a little slow but it is interesting.

I was surprised how genuine Anderson's British accent sounds like, then I realized she spent half of her childhood in UK and moved back to the US as a teenager so she's equally natural in either accent.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/02/06/legend-of-zelda-netflix-series/

“The Legend of Zelda,” one of the most popular videogame series of all time, is in the works as a television show at Netflix.

The video streaming service is in the early stages of developing a live action series based on “Zelda,” about an ordinary boy named Link who must rescue a princess named Zelda and save a fantasy world called Hyrule, said a person familiar with the matter. As it seeks writers to work on the show, Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said.

It will probably get killed, but who knows....I don't see how they pull it off...

zeldacdi.jpg

Back