• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The official NFL thread

Was Newton really acting immature though? He literally just lost the super bowl. He should be devastated. How can you fault the guy for feeling in that moment.

Of course he could have handled the press conference with more grace, but at the end of the day who cares.

just old white dudes who work in media

They were talking about it on Leafs lunch, and Jeff O'Neill summed it up perfectly. "You just lost the cup, all your can hear is the celebration going on and some schmuck sticks a mic in your face to ask how it feels. I'd rather lose in the first round."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...orms-off-Super-Bowl-field-Is-h?urn=nfl,218314

February 08, 2010

Peyton Manning storms off Super Bowl field. Is he a poor sport?
By Chris Chase

Peyton Manning(notes) didn't shake hands with New Orleans Saints players after his Indianapolis Colts lost 31-17 in Super Bowl XLIV. Apparently some think this is a sign of poor sportsmanship from the NFL's greatest player. It's not.
Walking off the field without congratulating Drew Brees(notes) may go against our misguided notion of what sportsmanship should be, but it wasn't at all disrespectful or bitter. It shows how much Peyton Manning wanted to win the game. And who can argue about that?
LeBron James was caught up in a similar controversy during the NBA playoffs last year and the same thing that was true then is true now: A perfunctory handshake doesn't make someone a good sport. It either makes them indifferent to the game's result or a good actor. What would people have preferred Peyton and LeBron do, laugh off the loss with apathy and treat the victors to dinner after? This isn't Little League.
The only time I question my sports fandom is when the players I'm rooting for seem to care less about the result than I do. I don't want to see my team's quarterback laughing on the sideline while losing a big game. If I care so much, why shouldn't the players?

RG3 signs with the Cleveland Browns.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15058201/cleveland-browns-sign-robert-griffin-iii

The Cleveland Browns appear to have found one piece of their quarterback puzzle, announcing they have signed Robert Griffin III on Thursday.

Griffin, who made the decision after meeting with Browns coach Hue Jackson and associate head coach Pep Hamilton, signed a two-year deal worth $15 million that includes a $3.5 million signing bonus and a $3.25 million guaranteed salary in 2016, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

RG3 signs with the Cleveland Browns.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15058201/cleveland-browns-sign-robert-griffin-iii

The Cleveland Browns appear to have found one piece of their quarterback puzzle, announcing they have signed Robert Griffin III on Thursday.

Griffin, who made the decision after meeting with Browns coach Hue Jackson and associate head coach Pep Hamilton, signed a two-year deal worth $15 million that includes a $3.5 million signing bonus and a $3.25 million guaranteed salary in 2016, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Wentz will be the starter by game 6

Speculation but Goff being a California boy, I would imagine he is the Rams pick here. Or Wentz.

Browns take the QB not taken @ 1.

Chargers big question mark here. Would say Tunsil, that's like having the 1st overall pick at 3.

Cowboys are sitting pretty. Myles Jack or Jalen Ramsey... Trade down a few spots, pick up an extra 2nd and take Bosa or Elliott.

If the Chargers dont take Tunsil for whatever reason.... A Cowboys O-line of Tyrone Smith, La'el Collins, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin and Laremy Tunsil !!! lol ... All top 1st round, top 10 talents. Jesus.

Monkey wrench if Cleveland doesnt take a QB at 2.

Is either Goff or Wentz worthy of that sort of payment to acquire the first overall pick? I can't imagine the competition at North Dakota State, for instance (in Wentz's case), could have been high enough to warrant being taken first in the draft.

Goff does look amazing though. He's a good-looking California boy from a California school too, so the obvious marketing possibilities are there for the Rams to exploit in their first season back home in Los Angeles.

Is either Goff or Wentz worthy of that sort of payment to acquire the first overall pick? I can't imagine the competition at North Dakota State, for instance (in Wentz's case), could have been high enough to warrant being taken first in the draft.

Goff looks amazing though. He's a California boy from a California school.

neither is worth it.

neither is worth it.

Do you think that the Titans are trying to employ the Jimmy Johnson-era Cowboys strategy of acquiring boatloads of draft picks by continuing to trade down, and then having confidence in their scouting and coaching staff to make the sum of the parts worth more than any one superior prospect would have been on his own?

They've already picked up a ton of selections in this draft alone and apparently now even the fifteenth overall pick they received in return from the Rams is up for trade.

Thats a crazy trade. They are fore sure just trying to make a splash for LA, but you better be right about a move like that. Goff or Wentz don't have to be Payton Manning to be worth that deal, but you can't have an RGIII situation and not even have the guy on the roster a few years later. They have to get a 10 year starter out of this. Lots of pressure on whoever they pick.

With Mariotta in the fold, this was a no brainer for Tennessee who assuming they draft right, could be a powerhouse sooner rather than later

Titans will be getting the Rams pick next draft as well. Wouldn't surprise me to see that pick be top 10.

Excellent trade for the Titans.

Back