• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

CBC report

Yet one possible explanation has emerged online that suggests Minassian was angry over being rebuffed by women.

A Facebook post by a man with the same name and the same photo as the one that appears on Minassian's LinkedIn profile refers to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger," a 22-year-old responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term that stands for "involuntarily celibate."

Rodger referred to the men who always seemed to win with women as "Chads" and the women who turned men down as "Stacys."

Deadly van 'attack' not part of organized terror plot, says Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale
The posting that appears to be by Minassian says the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

CBC News has not been able to independently verify the post as having been written by Minassian.

yeah that

Never heard of incel before. These guys need to seriously watch a bunch of early Bill Murray movies, develop a little irony and get a basic sense of humor to impress the dolls.

It's a term that has found popularity on the internet. Basically think of your socially awkward, shower optional guy with zero ability with women. Well, he's stewed on the internet for a couple of decades and is getting mad about how pointless his life is.

"Chad" is a reference to red pill speak (red pill is a whole other treat....it's basically a relatively benign self improvement scheme for those types that tends to end up with some strong narcissist and mysoginst tendencies in practice. A lot of pseudo science and psychology trying to get some relatively decent life lessons for a young man something of a modern facelift and edge) for "Chad Thundercock" aka that guy we all know who was born tall and good looking and effortlessly pulls all the tail we wanted to smash.

Stacy is basically code for the types that easily fall for Chad.

The basics though is that if this is true, this is another guy radicalized by internet sub cultures, but this time it's not muslims or pick your race/religion/etc, but instead him being entirely unable to get laid that put him over the edge.

CBC report

Yet one possible explanation has emerged online that suggests Minassian was angry over being rebuffed by women.

A Facebook post by a man with the same name and the same photo as the one that appears on Minassian's LinkedIn profile refers to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger," a 22-year-old responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term that stands for "involuntarily celibate."

Rodger referred to the men who always seemed to win with women as "Chads" and the women who turned men down as "Stacys."

Deadly van 'attack' not part of organized terror plot, says Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale
The posting that appears to be by Minassian says the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

CBC News has not been able to independently verify the post as having been written by Minassian.

when I think about it, I am more scared of these incel guys than Islamic terrorists.

There are a lot more socially awkward loners with no prospects sitting in moms basement with access to cars than there are radicalized Islamic men.

It's a term that has found popularity on the internet. Basically think of your socially awkward, shower optional guy with zero ability with women. Well, he's stewed on the internet for a couple of decades and is getting mad about how pointless his life is.

"Chad" is a reference to red pill speak (red pill is a whole other treat....it's basically a relatively benign self improvement scheme for those types that tends to end up with some strong narcissist and mysoginst tendencies in practice. A lot of pseudo science and psychology trying to get some relatively decent life lessons for a young man something of a modern facelift and edge) for "Chad Thundercock" aka that guy we all know who was born tall and good looking and effortlessly pulls all the tail we wanted to smash.

The basics though is that if this is true, this is another guy radicalized by internet sub cultures, but this time it's not muslims or pick your race/religion/etc, but instead him being entirely unable to get laid that put him over the edge.

I got that just from that CBC blurb. I can relate. My high school years were Incel. Then I discovered irony and mix tapes.

Here's a screen grab of what have some people leaning towards the incel who snapped angle:

UJrvuhU.png

when I think about it, I am more scared of these incel guys than Islamic terrorists.

There are a lot more socially awkward moneys with no prospects sitting in moms basement with access to cars than there are radicalized Islamic men.

I dunno...getting laid isn't that hard if you put in some effort. I know what won't get you laid -- becoming a mass murderer.

You might just get the exact opposite -- being celibate will seem downright sexy in comparison

There are a lot more socially awkward loners with no prospects sitting in moms basement with access to cars than there are radicalized Islamic men.

In Canada, yeah.

Hit up some of the Canadian subreddits and look at the ridiculous anger levels of some of these twits. r/metacanada is a treat. The whole 4Chan inspired sub culture should scare the shit out of everyone.

ie... LOSER.

As for my previous post. I don't mean to offend but damn its hard to just sit back and watch something like this. Then i turn around and talk to a buddy that works in a prison and he tells me what a joke it is for these criminals. Its a vacation for f*ck sakes. Non stop watch. Segregation. TV watching, exercising. F*cking blows my mind.

I respect the Canada and the quality of life it offers me. Rights and all that. BUT for f*ck sakes this guy is caught red handed here. Straight to the torture chamber.

I dunno...getting laid isn't that hard if you put in some effort. I know what won't get you laid -- becoming a mass murderer.

You might just get the exact opposite -- being celibate will seem downright sexy in comparison

I don't think he was planning to live through this.

Not to claim i'm some "cool guy" or anything but my god how hard is it to get laid for these f*cking losers?

Thing is, these guys find online communities of similar people and it turns into a massive hate fest. They stop being attracted to women, and just hate them for not wanting to **** said incel.

Reddit banned their core community page r/incel, and while I'm generally interested in seeing what internet sub cultures are up to, I haven't bothered finding out where they currently congregate. I have some some interesting data projects on reddit though where The_Donald, TRP, and a few other sub reddits had massive subscription and poster overlap with r/incel before it got banned.

ie... LOSER.

As for my previous post. I don't mean to offend but damn its hard to just sit back and watch something like this. Then i turn around and talk to a buddy that works in a prison and he tells me what a joke it is for these criminals. Its a vacation for f*ck sakes. Non stop watch. Segregation. TV watching, exercising. F*cking blows my mind.

I respect the Canada and the quality of life it offers me. Rights and all that. BUT for f*ck sakes this guy is caught red handed here. Straight to the torture chamber.

Norway does the opposite.

Why Norway's prison system is so successful?

Christina Sterbenz

A prisoner's bedroom at Halden prison. Trond Isaksen / Statsbygg
In Norway, fewer than 4,000 of the country's 5 million people were behind bars as of August 2014.
That makes Norway's incarceration rate just 75 per 100,000 people, compared to 707 people for every 100,000 people in the US.

On top of that, when criminals in Norway leave prison, they stay out. It has one of the lowest recidivism rates in the world at 20%. The US has one of the highest: 76.6% of prisoners are re-arrested within five years.

Norway also has a relatively low level of crime compared to the US, according to the Bureau of Diplomatic Security. The majority of crimes reported to police there are theft-related incidents, and violent crime is mostly confined to areas with drug trafficking and gang problems.

Based on that information, it's safe to assume Norway's criminal justice system is doing something right. Few citizens there go to prison, and those who do usually go only once. So how does Norway accomplish this feat? The country relies on a concept called "restorative justice," which aims to repair the harm caused by crime rather than punish people. This system focuses on rehabilitating prisoners.

more at http://www.businessinsider.com/why-norways-prison-system-is-so-successful-2014-12

Look at the sweet setup

548221ec6bb3f74e55413336-640-480.jpg

545102cfecad042f17f684de-640-320.jpg

In Canada, yeah.

Hit up some of the Canadian subreddits and look at the ridiculous anger levels of some of these twits. r/metacanada is a treat. The whole 4Chan inspired sub culture should scare the shit out of everyone.

Way, 4chan, reddit, there are dark places where socially awkward men get together and blame everyone but themselves for their problems.

Women

Immigrants

Refugees.

Liberals.

If that group is the next to decide that violent acts are their best way to air their grievences, we are in trouble.

Not to claim i'm some "cool guy" or anything but my god how hard is it to get laid for these f*cking losers?

Apparently really hard. I think they just go from awkward as teens (which I think a lot of us can relate with to a degree), to never getting over it as a young man, to just ****ing angry about it. Before they banned the subreddit I used check their sub once in a while and it was ****ing scary how angry a lot of these guys are.

The Red Pill is basically the rehabilitation sub for incels and you should see some of the ridiculous hatred on there. They don't want to become better human beings, better men, and find partners worth sharing anything with. They just want to hate **** because women had the audacity to not sleep with them when they were 18.

It's an incredible sub culture that has built up over the last decade.

I don't think he was planning to live through this.

I had the same thought. He kept drawing a fake weapon (it looked like a banana) to instigate the cop.

Until now, I never considered the possibility that someone would be willing to be a martyr for a subreddit group.

Very!

They have no social skills. They believe that women should give them sex simply because that's what they want. Any woman rejects them for whatever reason, they blame the world and retreat into their groupthink where it's not their fault, its the fault of everyone else.

They either have no confidence or are arrogant to the point of being narcissists.

Woman don't go for that.

Apparently really hard. I think they just go from awkward as teens (which I think a lot of us can relate with to a degree), to never getting over it as a young man, to just ****ing angry about it. Before they banned the subreddit I used check their sub once in a while and it was ****ing scary how angry a lot of these guys are.

The Red Pill is basically the rehabilitation sub for incels and you should see some of the ridiculous hatred on there. They don't want to become better human beings, better men, and find partners worth sharing anything with. They just want to hate **** because women had the audacity to not sleep with them when they were 18.

It's an incredible sub culture that has built up over the last decade.

Serious question... why do you take time out of your life for this?

I guess my ignorance shows at times but i honestly can't be bothered to waste time on clowns like that.

Back