• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Many of you wouldn't have survived growing up in the 60s and 70s, especially if you were an immigrant. Safe spaces? Lol.

if you want to talk trash, don't be surprised and whine if you get it back.

Meh... shots like "sand in your vagina" or "panties in a bunch" are acceptable trash talk. "Knock your teeth out" or any tough guy talk has always been the most pathetic of all internet banter.

As for the misogyny claims... I call bullshit. I'm about as PC and liberal as they come... but it's a fact that women are the smaller and less physical gender. And I'm not talking about a slight difference here. Just like when a woman refers to another woman as a man... she's not insulting men. She's attempting to insult that individual woman.

If I claim that someone hits like a little girl, I'm not saying that there are no women that could kick my ass. I guarantee there are plenty that could.

With all that said, I personally am making an effort to back off on those type of statements. Not because I feel that my intention is to demean or lessen women... but because some people might feel that I'm demeaning or lessening women.

It's funny that when girls are actually tought to hit or throw when they're young, like boys are, that they end up not hitting and throwing "like a girl".

File this under UNSHOCKER:

https://www.channel4.com/news/neo-n...omes-out-as-gay-kevin-wilshaw-jewish-heritage

Exclusive: Neo-Nazi and National Front organiser quits movement, comes out as gay, opens up about Jewish heritage

After a lifetime of involvement with the far-right Kevin Wilshaw announces on Channel 4 News that he is leaving the movement – at the same time publicly coming out as gay.

The well known National Front organiser in the 1980s was still active in white supremacist groups earlier this year – including speaking at events.

But tonight on Channel 4 News he explains for the very first time why he is publicly disavowing the movement – sharing his secrets, explaining how he was both a Neo-Nazi and of Jewish heritage , while admitting to violent acts and what motivated his hatred.

Coming out

“On one or two occasions in the recent past I’ve actually been the recipient of the very hatred of the people I want to belong to … if you’re gay it is acceptable in society but with these group of people it’s not acceptable, and I found on one or two occasions when I was suspected of being gay I was subjected to abuse.”

Mr Wilshaw admits that being a Nazi who is gay – but with a Jewish background – is a contradiction.

“It’s a terribly selfish thing to say but it’s true, I saw people being abused, shouted at, spat at in the street – it’s not until it’s directed at you that you suddenly realise that what you’re doing is wrong.”

“You have other members leading National Front who are overtly gay. And nobody could see the contradiction of it that you have an overtly gay person leading a homophobic organisation, makes no sense.”

“Then you have someone like Nicky Crane, one of the hardest people who would be gay.”

“Even when people found out, they’d rationalise it, ‘He’s not really gay’ or ‘gay and ok’.”

Jewish heritage

Kevin Wilshaw also opens up about his Jewish mother.

“She was part Jewish, maiden name was Benjamin, we have Jewish blood on that side.

On an application form to join the National Front, he wrote about his hatred of “the Jews”.

“That term ‘the Jews’ is the global faceless mass of people you can’t personalise it, not individuals. That’s the generalisation that leads to 6 million people being deliberately murdered.

“I didn’t have many friends at school, I wanted to be a member of a group of people that had an aim, and I thought getting involved in that kind of thing would be comradeship. “

“Even though you end up being a group of people that through their own extreme views are cut off from society, you do have a sense of comradeship in that you’re a member of a group that’s being attacked by other people.”

Violent attack

He said he had hurt people, “but not unprovoked, in defence. In a by-election in Leeds I smashed a chair over someone’s head.”

But he denied ever having approached minorities and assaulted them.

“I’d never do that, but I have seen incidents where people were singled out because they were black by a group of people. It turned my stomach, I rejected that, I pushed it to the back of my mind.”

Mr Wilshaw was arrested for vandalising a mosque in Aylesbury in the early 1990s – and in March this year he was arrested for online race hate offences.

Extremist as recently as the start of this year

He joined the BNP after being part of the National Front and flirted with dangerous fringe groups like the Racial Volunteer Force.

Mr Wilshaw says he remembers meeting David Copeland – the Brixton and Soho nail bomber. More recently he took to social media – and until the start of year was still speaking at rallies.

Former National Front activist Matthew Collins, who now works for the anti-racist group Hope not Hate said: “One of things we noticed is there was someone who was struggling, he was becoming more and more extreme.”

“We almost expected the phone call and a cry for help, and that’s what he’s done.”

‘I want to hurt extremists’

“I feel appallingly guilty as well, I really do feel guilty, not only that, this is also a barrier to me having a relationship with my own family, and I want to get rid of it, it’s too much of a weight.”

“I want to do some damage as well, not to ordinary people but the people who are propagating this kind of rubbish – want to hurt them, show what it’s like for those who are living a lie and be on the receiving end of this type of propaganda, I want to hurt them.”

Fearing some level of revenge, Mr Wilshaw says “one or two would want to sort me.. they’d see it as betrayal.”

“I am going to find it difficult, granted, to fill a void that has occupied my life since childhood.”

poor johnny.

It's funny that when girls are actually tought to hit or throw when they're young, like boys are, that they end up not hitting and throwing "like a girl".

Definitely... it's more nurture than nature when it comes to punching or throwing "properly." That said, men are just a bigger stronger gender. By a lot.

Definitely... it's more nurture than nature when it comes to punching or throwing "properly." That said, men are just a bigger stronger gender. By a lot.

I've never understood why people take comfort in average characteristics of groups.

Plenty of women can throw harder than me. Don't know how men being stronger on average changes that.

You're the biggest whiner here. Johnny owns you.

Nobody virtue signals like BKerr.

Many of you wouldn't have survived growing up in the 60s and 70s, especially if you were an immigrant. Safe spaces? Lol.

200.gif

I've never understood why people take comfort in average characteristics of groups.

Plenty of women can throw harder than me. Don't know how men being stronger on average changes that.
My youngest plays softball and there's a girl on her team that already throws high 50 mph. She's 10. It's nuts.

I take no comfort in it. I'm just saying that if I say "you hit like a girl" that it's not intended (that doesn't mean it's not perceived) to insult girls at all. It's a fact that females are a lot smaller and hit a lot softer than men in general. By a wide margin.

Again though, I am trying to curb that kind of talk since I believe that intention does not really matter when it comes to perception... and perception is reality.

Same goes for the R word. I grew up using that word as an offhand insult. Never once did I intend to insult someone with mental disabilities. However, I cannot control how others perceive my words, so if I don't want people feeling that I'm insulting them or a loved one who has Downs Syndrome or another disability, I need to change.

Plenty of women who have spent 1000's of hours training can throw harder than you. There aren't plenty of women who have spent the same amount of time training as you have (minimal to none I'm guessing) who can throw harder than you.

Generalization can be a useful tool as long as you understand that outliers exist. I mean, if we were gambling here and it was you vs a random woman who sits in the same places on the bell curve regarding size, strength, and time spent training as you, what would the vegas odds be on you winning? Is it possible that Jenny Finch was randomly selected? Sure, just ****ing unlikely.

Guys know this, so do women. Sure in the PC world you can parse for meaning but they're just expressions. 30 years from now some butter soft people will be offended by the expressions people think are PC today.

People cry about specific verbiage as a deflection. Either that or they're emotionally stunted.

They're out of touch by design.

Fox News literally provides an alternate reality for them, as well as their facebook likes, and that's literally the only news they'll ever see.

It's hard to even blame them. They literally don't hear about any of this.

And the sinclair network is taking over even all their local news stations and doing the same thing.

It's really ****ing scary.

That's my Trump supporting family members. They don't have Twitter, they watch Fox alone, and then subscribe to right wing Facebook feeds. Every once in a while they'll share a Fox News story about how the President does Bible Study every week so something something what a great person, great Christian.

It's incredible to see.

Sure, but you are really saying "you don't know how to throw". The biological differences between men and women are kind of irrelevant and basing insults on them probably isn't a good thing for society, or women. Its not hard to see how insult similes based on generalizations of groups of people can be harmful.

At the same time, I don't understand this movement to completely ignore the biological differences either. For example, I saw social media today freaking out over the Women's Aussie Football League rejecting the application of a transgendered women to enter the draft. The girl is 6'3 220 former professional handball player. She'd murder people. Thats not discrimination, thats safety.

My grandma suffered raising children through the 2nd world war and a revolution in Hungary, scavaging horse meat off of dead horses lying in the street. Her uncle was shot in front of her.

By the time she was 75 and retired in Toronto she was the biggest wimp and bigot you could imagine. All she did was complain about everything. Never met a conspiracy she wouldn't believe.

Having a tough life before doesn't make you tough now, or wise.

Just saying.

Back