• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Canada 1

Trump 1

Boeing 0

Trump 1?

He just lost Boeing huge market share (and boeing is heavily subsidized by US government), and while the assembly plant in alabama that already exists will expand and create a nominal number of new jobs, the setup will allow the foreign company to avoid tarriffs, unless the US wants to introduce new rules that would end up forcing all sorts of business out of the country.

trade wars are dumb.

It's funny because I've never had as many instances of "What the hell did I miss?" as I've had reading people's exchanges with BKerr. You guys can fight over the terminology, snowflake, vagina, whatever but it seems to me that if you're trying to apply the word sensitive to anyone it's the group that's put in as many complaints about BKerr as JH. Something off there.

You've commented on this before. Kerr knows what buttons to push to get a reaction then when it causes a a big fight he acts like the other person is just being sensitive. He's right to an extent... but he does it on purpose... so are they really being sensitive? Or is he being a dick?

There's one poster who is clearly not playing with a full deck on the Habs board and Kerr knows exactly how to set him off... and does so frequently. Then he absolutely refuses to walk away from the fight. That's just one example... I've had a minimum of 5 requests for his banning and I think there's at least 5 others who have him on ignore.

On the other hand, he's clearly intelligent and provides great hockey insight and knowledge.

Trump 1?

He just lost Boeing huge market share (and boeing is heavily subsidized by US government), and while the assembly plant in alabama that already exists will expand and create a nominal number of new jobs, the setup will allow the foreign company to avoid tarriffs, unless the US wants to introduce new rules that would end up forcing all sorts of business out of the country.

trade wars are dumb.

Trump will win on the spin.

He'll simply claim that making the plane in Alabama instead of Canada just proves that he cares for American work and that only when you build in America can you really be competitive on price, as American workers are just the best and most efficient in the world; then he will claim that if his administration had not imposed tariff on "cheating" Canadians, the work would not have come to the US, where it belong by birthright, and claim another win.

Long story short, Bombardier is going to slap a big ole made in america sticker on the C Series planes destine for American carriers, Trump will talk up about the C series being a american made plane, and the administration is going to go silent about Boeing losing massive market share to Bombardier and Airbus because the plant making the planes is in a American Red state.

shear Machivellian scheme, I hope Justin Trudeau was in on this. Either way, another example of the Trump trade war having unintended friendly fire.

Punched in the vagina?

Good to see the owner of the site is a misogynist piece of crap. Now we can see why Johnny's prejudice is allowed... you have your own to deal with.

As for complaints about me... i dont care who complained... i want you to give me one example of me being racist or bigotted. I dont give a shit about complaints. Find me a valid complaint.

Altair or 25 ir whoever complaining cause i disagreed with them isnt going to do it. Find me a legit complaint when ive ever gone near as far as johnny does on a regular basis into that subject matter. Putting up with it makes no sense.

I've never complained, but I find you a bit of a whiner.
It's like you might be one of those people who think that the world must bow to their sense of right and wrong...I'm not sure about that though.

I am sure that you complain a lot.

The hyperbole absolutely does not help; calling habsy a misogynist makes you sound a little much, even if you didn't ask me.

It's funny because I've never had as many instances of "What the hell did I miss?" as I've had reading people's exchanges with BKerr. You guys can fight over the terminology, snowflake, vagina, whatever but it seems to me that if you're trying to apply the word sensitive to anyone it's the group that's put in as many complaints about BKerr as JH. Something off there.
Pretty much this.

I've never complained, but I find you a bit of a whiner.
It's like you might be one of those people who think that the world must bow to their sense of right and wrong...I'm not sure about that though.

I am sure that you complain a lot.

The hyperbole absolutely does not help; calling habsy a misogynist makes you sound a little much, even if you didn't ask me.
Ask me if i care what you think?

nope.

"throwing like a girl" is using "like a girl" as a euphamism for "weak".

"looking manly" is using "manly" as a euphamism for "strong".

they are not the same thing, and it has nothing to do with oppressor/oppressed.

So I always thought it was less about how far they threw the ball, more about the way they did it...that awkward, "I don't have a clue what I'm doing," kind of thing.

Insulting for sure. Mind you I've used the phrase;
"You don't throw like a girl," is something I've said to my daughter, who is very athletic; all through HS she won out over the boys in coop flag-football as kicker...she's got a dynamite leg. Great arm too.

I would consider my daughter fairly liberated, not a feminist...but even she describes herself that way. "I don't throw like a girl, " is something she has said more than once.

It's also the era some of us grew up in. Not debating right vs. wrong, it's just the expressions our coaches used with us too.

I have two daughters and a granddaughter and I believe they can do anything they put their minds to and they're the same as you mentioned, they'll use the terms "throw like a girl", "drama queen" etc.

I also agree with hockeylover on the girl to girl insults, it's mostly slut, whore, bitch etc. A little disappointing.

Oh another one I've heard the younger generation of girls use is " man hands". "You have man hands". Why that pisses girls off is beyond me.

It's also the era some of us grew up in. Not debating right vs. wrong, it's just the expressions our coaches used with us too.

I have two daughters and a granddaughter and I believe they can do anything they put their minds to and they're the same as you mentioned, they'll use the terms "throw like a girl", "drama queen" etc.

I also agree with hockeylover on the girl to girl insults, it's mostly slut, whore, bitch etc. A little disappointing.

Not directly related, but your comment reminded me of this.

https://www.bustle.com/p/these-twee...n-regard-to-sexual-assault-are-savage-2891558

"As as father of a girl" is moving into "thoughts and prayers" territory.

Last edited:
Oh another one I've heard the younger generation of girls use is " man hands". "You have man hands". Why that pisses girls off is beyond me.

pmewn7b2f6py.gif

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back