• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The GOLF Thread (The Majors, etc.)

Six of the last twelve Masters champions have been left handed:

Mike Weir (2003)
Phil Mickelson (2004, 2006, 2010)
Bubba Watson (2012, 2014)

Masters ratings down from 2013

By Shane Bacon 2 hours ago Devil Ball Golf

With no Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson or late round drama, the ratings for the 2014 Masters took a dip compared to a season ago.

The final round on Sunday got a 7.8 rating, down from the 10.2 rating that the Masters got on Sunday in 2013.
You can point the finger at the absence of Tiger or the missed cut by Phil, but it really just boils down to the fact that the final two hours of the Masters didn't provide a ton of fireworks, with the only drama being just how Watson would finish out his round on the 18th green.

Yep. It was over after Amen corner.

Thought Spieth had it for quite some time though (first 7 holes)

it was apparently the case with the habs team at the end of last season

oh I know, the hypocrisy of it

the six they won in a row are part of the real team, but not the eight in a row they lost

damn, there is an articled student here in the tightest skirt possible, she just walked by so I lost my train of thought,,,,

Phil Mickelson included in FBI insider trading investigation involving investor Carl Icahn

Doug Ferguson, Associated Press | May 31, 2014 | Last Updated: May 31 5:40 PM ET

DUBLIN, OHIO — Hall of Fame golfer Phil Mickelson confirmed that FBI agents investigating insider trading approached him this week at the Memorial Tournament. The five-time major champion said Saturday he has done “absolutely nothing wrong.”

A federal official briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press the FBI and Securities and Exchange Commission are analyzing trades Mickelson and Las Vegas gambler Billy Walters made involving Clorox at the same time activist investor Carl Icahn was attempting to take over the company.

The media will love it, even when he is 15 strokes behind and gets a birdie it will be here comes Tiger

Eldrick is a media darling despite the fact he hasn't won a major since Xpirefan was a virgin.

The media will love it, even when he is 15 strokes behind and gets a birdie it will be here comes Tiger

Eldrick is a media darling despite the fact he hasn't won a major since Xpirefan was a virgin.

He brings in a lot of money.

I am not fan of the guy either but he brings in the viewers/money/attention.

Especially with the other big names (Phil, Rory, etc) doing nothing this year.

Back