• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Budaj or Tokarski?

No, as he would still count toward the salary cap. Maybe he can be waived, not sure but maybe they want him as the backup anyway.

No, as he would still count toward the salary cap. Maybe he can be waived, not sure but maybe they want him as the backup anyway.

We'd save 900k if we sent him down, so it would be a little savings. More likely we do the noble thing and buy him out if we don't want him back. Then it'd be about a 400k hit for the next 2 years

Tokarski is better served playing 20 games in the NHL than a full slate of some 65 games in the AHL.

I think management will feel the same way and try and move Budaj

Tokarski is better served playing 20 games in the NHL than a full slate of some 65 games in the AHL.

I think management will feel the same way and try and move Budaj

Agreed. Benefit to having Budaj around though is his experience as a calming influence for Price. We would have two young goalies if Tokarski is there, although then again, Price is going to be 27 this year so he is no longer young.

Agreed. Benefit to having Budaj around though is his experience as a calming influence for Price. We would have two young goalies if Tokarski is there, although then again, Price is going to be 27 this year so he is no longer young.

Another aspect is to try and turn Tokarski into another asset like Halak...if Tokarski can put up good numbers in some 20 or so NHL games maybe a team will take a shot at him as 1a or 1b type situation and MB can flip him for a high draft pick or a serviceable player

We'd save 900k if we sent him down, so it would be a little savings. More likely we do the noble thing and buy him out if we don't want him back. Then it'd be about a 400k hit for the next 2 years

Somebody will pick him up on waivers.

Even if they don't pick him up on waivers you can send him down. $900K savings means you're only on the hook, cap wise, for $500K for this year only. Doesn't pay to buy him out.

Even if they don't pick him up on waivers you can send him down. $900K savings means you're only on the hook, cap wise, for $500K for this year only. Doesn't pay to buy him out.

Ya. No need to buy him out.

Back