• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Budaj or Tokarski?

sorry guys for opening new thread, if you want to merge it feel free to do it

Last edited:
the thing is we are lucky Price got injured against NYR and not Boston . againt NYR our goalie just need to be good ( not excellent) and we play tighter and we may have a chance which wasn't the case against boston

the thing is we are lucky Price got injured against NYR and not Boston . againt NYR our goalie just need to be good ( not excellent) and we play tighter and we may have a chance which wasn't the case against boston

i trust budaj against the bruins more than the rangers

Budaj is 31-years-old and has never won an NHL playoff game.

Tokarski has never played in the NHL playoffs, but he's won the Memorial Cup, World Juniors and Calder Cup.

Budaj shutout the Rangers this year, he can beat them. Don't know about four games though.

the only reason make me think Therrien will start Tokarski is he didn't like what he saw from Budaj in 3th period game 1( 3 goals on 8 shots i guess)otherwise logic is to go with your veteran back up with more experience

Last edited:
Budaj has proven that he can't play at a high leverl more than a game every couple of weeks. DT has been a starter all season. No brainer.

Budaj has proven that he can't play at a high leverl more than a game every couple of weeks. DT has been a starter all season. No brainer.

Tokarski has zero style to his game. He is a Tim Thomas type goalie.

Tokarski has zero style to his game. He is a Tim Thomas type goalie.

we all know you don't like the guy , but be fair . he was ok in couple games he played and i will be happy if he become as good as a cup and conn smythe winner like timmy thomas ;)

so he has proven he can play under pressure at inferior levels

i think they go with win and your in

budaj lost the first one (sorta)

so now toskala goes

im betting that is how MT is explaining it to the goalies as well

Back