• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2015 Draft Lottery McEichel sweepstakes thread

And they are still horrible. Guess that means there must be some other factor going on there? Pretty sure they are the only team with a worst playoff drought than the Canes. They haven't made the playoffs since 06.

Time to drown those sorrows in some wings, buffaholes. 2nd ain't bad either but that hurts. Maybe even the rotten oilers can win with that kid.

Really. How do you stockpile all these #1 picks and still duck sick so badly. Damn, Oilers should be able to score enough to make up for their craptacular D.

Hall was supposedly their savior. This years first won't make any difference. A loser is still a loser.

Groan! If there has ever been a franchise spoiled with picks that has done nothing, nothing to improve themselves it is the Edmonton Oilers. Once the Canes were out, my hope was for Arizona- certainly not Buffalo or Toronto. Oh well, onward to June 20th.

EDM scored 10 more goals than the Canes this year. But they gave up 60 more goals than the Canes.

Also noticed neither of their goalies was drafted by any team. Don't think that's a good sign.

Last edited:
Well nobody can claim conspiracy theory at this point. Nobody was positing that Edmonton would be a good landing spot for McDavid. Horribly mismanaged team in a small market in a western time zone so they can't show McDavid at 7:30 pm on NBCSN. This is probably the worst outcome for the NHL. The brass must be ticked.

Can't see how Edmonton does not at least trade Yakupov this offseason In an effort to acquire a real dman or 2.

At some point in time the greasers are gonna have to make a lot of trades as all these first rounders are gonna demand max $$$.

you can only try to get a big contract if you are putting up numbers. You don't get a contract just based on where you were drafted.

.ets,see, I'm a number one pick, the greasers are holding back my potential. Get me the hell out of here.

Back