• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2015-16 Edition

I swear the mediots won't shut up. If he refused calls, they would say he is not doing all he can to improve the team. If he takes calls, then he wants to trade him.

Tails I win, heads you lose.

Then you'd have to begin the search to find a number 1 defenseman again though...

Assuming they'd draft a defenseman at 9, and that Juulsen develops as hoped, we could have something like

Sergachev-Petry
Beaulieu-Juulsen
Nurse-Pateryn/Dietz

for years to come. Lots of unknown but something that could turn out well. We would also have a lot of cap space to trade for a defenseman if needed. Still probably missing a true #1 though.

Then you'd have to begin the search to find a number 1 defenseman again though...
For sure. The hope would be that Price could make up for the lack of a #1. Let me be clear, I don't want Subban traded at all but if Edmonton coughs up a stupid great deal, I'm in.

I swear the mediots won't shut up. If he refused calls, they would say he is not doing all he can to improve the team. If he takes calls, then he wants to trade him.

No reasons why he shouldn't listen. He also said he's not shopping him, he didn't say he wouldn't trade him.

I don't see how it's the media's fault here. Jim Benning is a loudmouth and indicated that he talked to the Habs about Subban and got a price. They're merely reporting that. If I'm the Habs, I'd be pretty pissed at Benning.

For sure. The hour would be that Price could make up for the lack of a #1. Let me be clear, I don't want Subban traded at all but if Edmonton coughs up a stupid great deal, I'm in.

Price is an awesome goalie, but if you want a cup you're still gonna need a #1 guy, IMO. And you have a previous Norris winner. I don't get it really. Just be more ballsy to get these two guys the supporting cast they need.

Yah.

Banning is making life hard on himself. Other GMs will take note...

I don't give a single shit about what The Contradiction says, I just want to see what he'll do.

(Edit, holy bad English)

Last edited:

No GM worth his salt merely takes the call, says "no" and hangs up. If a team calls him and says they want to talk about getting Subban, MB's response isn't "no", it's "what are you offering?" At this point he'll listen to the offer and maybe then he says "thanks but no thanks", "try again" or perhaps says something along the lines of "let me unpack this thing for you so you'll have an idea of what it's going to take to get me to even consider saying yes"

But whatever he does he sure as hell isn't going to tell us. To even hint that he might be doing more than listening before politely declining and hanging up merely opens up more avenues of inquiry from the media, who are desperate for stories to write since the draft, until it actually gets underway, is really a non-event.

The Montreal Canadiens among the most interested in Ducks D-man, Cam Fowler. Obviously fuels the Subban speculation.

From Dreger on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Montreal Canadiens among the most interested in Ducks D-man, Cam Fowler. Obviously fuels the Subban speculation.

From Dreger on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he could replace Markov.

Fowler would be nice, but he's a second pairing d-man. We've already got three second pairing d-men in Markov-Beaulieu-Petry.

If we're going to trade for a d-man, I'd go big. We need a legitimate first pairing, left shooting d-man to replace Markov.

I'd be much more interested in Jonas Brodin, assuming Minny's really trying to trade him. He's not a real first pairing d-man, but as long as he's a complimentary player & not the main guy, I think he'd be more than suitable. Another guy I'd love to get from Minny is my buddy Marco Scandella, but that's another second pairing d-man.

As far as a temporary, stop-gap measure, there's Brian Campbell as a UFA, but only at the right $ and term.

I take it the Emelin for Fowler swap from a couple of seasons back is now tabled for discussion...

Back