• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2015-16 Edition

I'm pretty sure this has happened literally every year I've watched the draft. They play around with the board with fake trades to test it.

It does happen every year. I recall people discussing this last year when it happened.

Oilers rumored to have offered Drasaitl + #4 pick for Subban. Turned down by MB.

Draisatl, Dubois and Sergachev + 8M in cap space wouldn't be that bad for Subban and would set us up pretty good for the future, as well as allowing us to use that cap space for more acquisitions.

4th + Leon Draisaitl doesn't interest me.

However... If you add in RNH & force them to take Eller/Emelin as well, I'm very interested.

4th + Leon Draisaitl doesn't interest me.

However... If you add in RNH & force them to take Eller/Emelin as well, I'm very interested.

I'm not that interested with it either but it might not be the worst thing depending on who we draft.

So what you would like to see is Draisaitl + RNH + 4th for Subban + Emelin (or Eller)?

Well yeah, that would be awesome, but I don't see why EDM would do it.

I'm not sure Edmonton would either, but if they won't poney up, I'm not giving them Subban.

The one reason I could possibly see Deadmonton doing it is simply, they've been in an eternal rebuild and need to do something more than just acquiring prospects/picks. They have more than enough forwards and are severely lacking on defense. It's kind of a shitty reason, but that's the only reason I could think of them being interested in that.

Benning confirmed that he spoke to MB about what it woukd take to get Subban

Draisatl, Dubois and Sergachev + 8M in cap space wouldn't be that bad for Subban and would set us up pretty good for the future, as well as allowing us to use that cap space for more acquisitions.

then we should trade price and maxpac as well

I'm not sure Edmonton would either, but if they won't poney up, I'm not giving them Subban.

The one reason I could possibly see Deadmonton doing it is simply, they've been in an eternal rebuild and need to do something more than just acquiring prospects/picks. They have more than enough forwards and are severely lacking on defense. It's kind of a shitty reason, but that's the only reason I could think of them being interested in that.

I don't see EDM dealing both Draisatl and RNH unless if they get another solid C back (Eller doesn't count). I mean, I could see them do something like PK + Pleks for Drai, RNH + pick4, since Pleks would give them a solid veteran C who, depending how you look at him, is potentially an upgrade on RNH, although obviously much older.

Honestly, if a deal did go down, I wouldn't expect a ton more than Draisatl and the pick. Maybe we get them to throw in someone like Yakobust, but wouldn't expect much more. If we did this, then we damn well better have a deal in place to deal a forward for a D from someone else, though, since whichever D we got at 9 can't be expected in our lineup yet.

The only way dealing subban makes sense is if we are tearing it down or somebody grossly overpays.

How in hell does MB trade Subban without having a plan to get a 1 dman somewhere

We already have Subban's replacement...

My man! Darren Dietz! Ready to start running shit!

Subban is not getting traded. It makes no sense. If anyone it needs to be Max.

Oilers rumored to have offered Drasaitl + #4 pick for Subban. Turned down by MB.
That's a solid offer. Need Nurse thrown in I'd do it. Drafting 4 & 9 this year would be outstanding.

And give us the cap space to sign Stamkos. That said, I wouldn't trade Subban.

That's a solid offer. Need Nurse thrown in I'd do it. Drafting 4 & 9 this year would be outstanding.

Then you'd have to begin the search to find a number 1 defenseman again though...

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet · 27m27 minutes ago

Me: Jim, you caused a bit of a storm today..

Benning: About PK? I called. And so did 20 other teams.

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet · 16m16 minutes ago

Marc Bergevin says he's not actively shopping Subban...but he continues to field calls on him and listen.

If you have no interest in trading him, then there is no reason to listen. Unless you're hoping for the one offer that will allow you to trade him.

Back