• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

He should of got his 9 game cup of coffee and be sent down , no need to burn a year of term . He Jerabek should of been up sooner .

What's the big deal, it's not as if the org is stockpiled with ELC assets who will all come up for reupping in a few years.

What's the big deal, it's not as if the org is stockpiled with ELC assets who will all come up for reupping in a few years.

a year is a year , not as if Mete was going to make a difference to this team

#dumbmove

Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

He's spot on. No sympathy for MB, his arrogance has endured him to no one. The media have been way too nice with him over the years anyway.
MB knows he's been caught on the other side of how the game is now going, so like a prototypical type A personality, instead of admitting to having miscalculated, he's doubled down on his position of "how the game is played". He's going to go down swinging away....probably in flames.

Yah, agree. But now they actually need to make a *good* decision for his development. If that means the WJC and London, that's cool.

So when are we trading for Desharnais to please Captain Max ?

He clearly doesn’t like playing with either Drouin or Galchenyuk as his centers

Where are all those people who said Drouin will be the number one C, specially the one who hide always when things is not going the way he predicts? lol

Both Carbonneau and Damphousse think we miss Emelin's physicality on back end

Both are drunk with their analyses . We don't have enough talent to compete . After a decade removed from our super draft of 2007 we have fck all to show for core quality talent .

Every move we make creates a hole and tries to fix one . I can't think of 1 team that is in our putrid state right right now moving forward with this talent base .

Where are all those people who said Drouin will be the number one C, specially the one who hide always when things is not going the way he predicts? lol

Never was and never will be . At best he will have a career with stats like Turris .

Nice top 6 player but not a difference maker . Yzerman knew exactly what he was giving us and we took the bait .

So when are we trading for Desharnais to please Captain Max ?

He clearly doesn’t like playing with either Drouin or Galchenyuk as his centers

And Drouin and Galchenyuk don't like him on their line.

I've had enough of fans blaming others for Paciorettys struggles.

Both are drunk with their analyses . We don't have enough talent to compete . After a decade removed from our super draft of 2007 we have fck all to show for core quality talent .

Every move we make creates a hole and tries to fix one . I can't think of 1 team that is in our putrid state right right now moving forward with this talent base .

Their point is that we are missing things. They are right.

You don't need to look at everything in a vacuum.

So last night we stuck around to have a few postgame drinks and Dale Tallon walks into the suite. So I walk over and strike up a conversation. I eventually ask him if what Bergevin says about it being very hard to make a trade is true. He said two things about it, firstly he said that it's never easy making a trade but if you really want a guy it can get done.

The second thing he said cracked me up. He said "you have to feel for the guy though, he has more media around him than we have fans in the stands, that's gotta suck".

I almost had beer coming out my nose. He's a funny guy.

So last night we stuck around to have a few postgame drinks and Dale Tallon walks into the suite. So I walk over and strike up a conversation. I eventually ask him if what Bergevin says about it being very hard to make a trade is true. He said two things about it, firstly he said that it's never easy making a trade but if you really want a guy it can get done.

The second thing he said cracked me up. He said "you have to feel for the guy though, he has more media around him than we have fans in the stands, that's gotta suck".

Ayup.

Can his ass.

Nice rant that had nothing to do with the comment.

That's not really accurate but anyway . . . It can get done is you're willing to overpay through your-know-what. That's self-evident.

Yeah, Tallon is a good guy. He is right, Trade are possible, but it's how much you are willing to give. at some point, the price just doesn't make sense.

Back