• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Redux 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will never work on a 20 plus roster limit . Half the league would starve while watching a CMD star eat 20 mil a year .

Lockout will result in a CBA that has much shorter terms like 4 years with a restriction on no move clauses .

That will fix most of the league issues and you now can manage your roster better .
The owners can care less about managing a roster, the goal of these consecutive lockouts is to slowly but surely destroy the NHLPA. Next lockout IMO will be all about the holy grail - non-guaranteed contracts, shorter terms etc.. will be cherry on top

i don't think non guarantee contracts will work in NHL -- talent is too scarce

it might work for everyone if the compensation for breaking the contract is more than fair. What player wants to stay with a team that doesnt want them anymore.

Will never work on a 20 plus roster limit . Half the league would starve while watching a CMD star eat 20 mil a year .

Lockout will result in a CBA that has much shorter terms like 4 years with a restriction on no move clauses .

That will fix most of the league issues and you now can manage your roster better .
Again the owners need the players to protect the owners from themselves.

it might work for everyone if the compensation for breaking the contract is more than fair. What player wants to stay with a team that doesnt want them anymore.
Yeah, I think easier buy outs might be a compromise here, but it will likely favors the rich teams.

Yeah, I think easier buy outs might be a compromise here, but it will likely favors the rich teams.

Exactly, and maybe the pretender organizations like the Panthers, Hurricanes etc have to work a bit harder and be more creative to keep up with the big boys. But you know Buttman will not go for that.

The owners can care less about managing a roster, the goal of these consecutive lockouts is to slowly but surely destroy the NHLPA. Next lockout IMO will be all about the holy grail - non-guaranteed contracts, shorter terms etc.. will be cherry on top

GM's clearly want to manage their rosters Sal. Your post of shorter deals, no guarantee contracts are all part of managing a roster .

That's the problem right now teams are screwed with aging rosters and stars holding all the trade cards .

What is Bowman going to do when 5-6 players control their no move clauses and still have 5 plus years to go at the time when it's obvious the Hawks are no longer a contender .

Too many players are paid big money in decline years while teams rot trying to manage their roster .

Nah ....it's a bad CBA that needs fixing . NBA went threw the same shit many years ago and completely revamped their CBA .
Not sure if it's the best example, the NBA is damn unwatchable until the finals. Most boring regular season, and playoffs, of all sports.

Not sure if it's the best example, the NBA is damn unwatchable until the finals. Most boring regular season, and playoffs, of all sports.

yeah, but that is because in the last few years, there really have only been two teams, Golden State and whichever team has LeBron James.

What the hell Bolduke? You call yourself a Habs fan and you can't even read French articles?? :)

Plekanec and MB are talking contract negotiations. Possibility of a 2 years contract at 3M each.

What the hell Bolduke? You call yourself a Habs fan and you can't even read French articles?? :)

Plekanec and MB are talking contract negotiations. Possibility of a 2 years contract at 3M each.

If Pleks hit the open market, I'd be surprised if he got more than 1.5M on a 1 yr deal.

Endowment bias in full effect here.

even for instance if MB works out a 1 million per year deal for two years Julien will find a way to use him 18 minutes a game.

I think Pleks can get 2M per year on the market...he’s still a low-risk center that can thrive playing behind actual top line centers...imagine Pleks with Pens or Capitals....

If Pleks hit the open market, I'd be surprised if he got more than 1.5M on a 1 yr deal.

Endowment bias in full effect here.
I think you're underestimating the market for Plekanec. That being said I want to get picks from him at the deadline before resigning him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back