• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Post season press conference

I really want to know what "audacious price" MB was willing to pay for top-6 talent as he stated. #overvaluinghisassets

it obviously wasn't audacious enough.....but i'm sure Beaulieu's name was part of the discussion

I doubt Chuckie was ever being offered by the Habs....he was probably untouchable, even when they moved him back to wing.

For a team that is supposed to be playing a ''defensive'' style because of their coach's mentality, they sure did fold quickly once Price was injured.

How could have we sucked with a top 4 of Subban-Petry-Markov-Beaulieu. Seriously ? Even with Condon....I mean, Condon did win most of his first few starts, no ? But once they found out Price was really gone, it's like the whole team said **** it, this season is lost anyways.

We have a pretty nice top 4 on defense, and most of them are ''offensive'' dmen. Why the **** is our transition game so horrible. Forwards never get a nice clean transition towards opposing team. That's on the coaching staff. No excuses.

A team with our top 4 dmen, and a defensive-first coach, with Max-Gally-Pleks-Chuckie, should not have lost so many games

For a team that is supposed to be playing a ''defensive'' style because of their coach's mentality, they sure did fold quickly once Price was injured.

How could have we sucked with a top 4 of Subban-Petry-Markov-Beaulieu. Seriously ? Even with Condon....I mean, Condon did win most of his first few starts, no ? But once they found out Price was really gone, it's like the whole team said **** it, this season is lost anyways.

We have a pretty nice top 4 on defense, and most of them are ''offensive'' dmen. Why the **** is our transition game so horrible. Forwards never get a nice clean transition towards opposing team. That's on the coaching staff. No excuses.

A team with our top 4 dmen, and a defensive-first coach, with Max-Gally-Pleks-Chuckie, should not have lost so many games

Let's be fair here, Petry was injured most of the season and Markov played like he was done for most of the year, clearly showing his age. So our top 4 most year looked like Subban-Beaulieu-Gonchar-Emelin. Clearly not as good.

Depends what you mean by fold. They played some of their best hockey the first couple of months of that injury.

Let's be fair here, Petry was injured most of the season and Markov played like he was done for most of the year, clearly showing his age. So our top 4 most year looked like Subban-Beaulieu-Gonchar-Emelin. Clearly not as good.

I thought Markov had a rough part of the year but seem to pick it back up. Though I was paying less and less attention as the season went on.

Markov finished with over 40 points....

His offense was never a problem, but his man to man coverage, and his brain farts increased ten fold this season, he's also even slower than before. But, at 23m a game, he should be getting some assists out there.

I thought Markov had a rough part of the year but seem to pick it back up. Though I was paying less and less attention as the season went on.

Yeah that's what I heard as well. Sadly he sucked through December and January and that's what killed us.

Yeah that's what I heard as well. Sadly he sucked through December and January and that's what killed us.

He was bad in January when he found out new girlfriend was knocked up and ex girlfriend was choked. In reality, he had a stretch of maybe two weeks where he was really bad, but of course, every mistake he made ended up in the net because our goalies were Astromesque.

This franchise is entering a dark age, and whether people want to admit it or not things are going to get progressively worse for the rest of the decade.

That great core of mid to young 20's they had? Well Price is 2 years away from UFA and this team is cap strapped, the people in charge have no answer except to absolve themselves of blame, and they are now resting their entire fortunes on Price, putting immense pressure on him in the process, and ignoring that he's had serious injuries for 3 straight years now.

Safe to say, that new car shine for Bergevin is long gone. Replaced with the smell of a salmon that got lost in the trunk of the car over Summer and now the salmon might finally get discovered and thrown out, but that smell is never going anywhere.

This franchise is entering a dark age, and whether people want to admit it or not things are going to get progressively worse for the rest of the decade.

That great core of mid to young 20's they had? Well Price is 2 years away from UFA and this team is cap strapped, the people in charge have no answer except to absolve themselves of blame, and they are now resting their entire fortunes on Price, putting immense pressure on him in the process, and ignoring that he's had serious injuries for 3 straight years now.

Safe to say, that new car shine for Bergevin is long gone. Replaced with the smell of a salmon that got lost in the trunk of the car over Summer and now the salmon might finally get discovered and thrown out, but that smell is never going anywhere.

Based on what exactly? Look, I don't like the optics of yesterdays PC just as much as the worst detractors, and I've been a real cynical critic, but setting aside emotions and looking at facts from 2012-2013 thru 2015-2016 seasons:

- won more playoff hockey games over a 3-year period than any previous Habs team since the early 90's
- have best goalie in the NHL, top-5 Dman and top-4 goal scoring forward over past 3-seasons

As Pierre LeBrun was the first to state back in Dec, this summer will determine MB's career, a homerun* & this past season will be but an aberration, and he'll once again revert to the golden child.

*homerun = two top-6 UFA signings + Markov succession plan + solid draft pick (hopefully the lottery gods will be with MB)

MBs got his work cut out for him - no Canadian team except Van has been able to land top-6 forward or top pairing Dman as UFAs, two is asking a lot, but what it is, is what it is...

Last edited:
Based on what exactly? Look, I don't like the optics of yesterdays PC just as much as the worst detractors, and I've been a real cynical critic, but setting aside emotions and looking at facts from 2012-2013 thru 2015-2016 seasons:
- won more playoff hockey games over a 3-year period than any previous Habs team since the early 90's
- have best goalie in the NHL, top-5 Dman and top-4 goal scoring forward over past 3-seasons

As Pierre LeBrun was the first to state back in Dec, this summer will determine MB's career, a homerun* & this past season will be but an aberration, and he'll once again revert to the golden child.

*homerun = two top-6 UFA signings + solid draft pick (hopefully the lottery gods will be with MB)

Count on your 1 finger how many high end prospects this club has? I am talking top line forwards, or top line dmen, or franchise goalie. Your homerun is more like a grandslam, landing two team contract friendly top 6 ufas. Plus, you make it seem like our dead weight is just gone.

I really don't think things are as bad as some make it sounds.

Assuming Price stays healthy and resigns, we're set in goal for many years.
Our right side of defense is set for many years.
Our left side of defense needs attention with only Beaulieu being a long term asset.
We have 3 good young top 6 forwards with us for many more years. This could easily be our top line for many more years.

Upcoming prospects challenging for top 9 positions in the next few years: Carr, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Sherbak, McCarron, Hudon, Reway

We have a top 10 pick this year and two relatively good 2nd round picks.

Back