• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

They gotta bring some respect back to the belts. Enough interim champs, and superfights. GSP/Whittiker, and Conor/Ferguson have to happen next.

At least that is what would happen pre IMG-UFC.

TJ/Mighty Mouse would be an awesome, doable superfight though.

Really hope TJ destroys Mighty Mouse if he ever accepts that fight.

Also think Conor gets owned by GSP badly!!!

Think GSP either needs to go back to 170 or improve his conditioning a lot to stay at 185 he started to show signs of slowing down in the second round. I know it’s his first fight in years. But he isn’t getting younger, and I can see Whittaker making quick work of him!

Not liking GSP at MW

Amazing story but those guys are massive compared to Bisping

Give him credit he was the champ but he didn't belong there. He caught Rockhold with a lucky shot had his time in the spotlight but there are guys way more talented who should have the belt

Roach would prefer GSP keep his size but cut to 170 and try and do some damage down there again

GSP needs to lose some of that muscle mass imo....the two most glaring things in that fight where his lack of speed/explosiveness and hos quickly he gassed.

Dana clearly wants him to fight Whittaker (given he wrote that into the contract, but we'll see how much that ultimately means)....so that he can benefit from the old school wrestling promotional tactic of using the old guard to prop up & market your new stars........Whittaker would absolutely merk that version of GSP we saw against Bisping.

If GSP and his camp have their way tho.....he'll move back down to 170 face Woodley & then Conor.....then likely call it a career. Is my guess.

Dillashaw-Might Mouse is one of the most interesting fights in MMA history imo.

Mighty Mouse is already an all time great....but I think TJ doesn't get the recognition he deserves for what he's accomplished. Absolutely destroyed Renan Barao who was #3 P4P in the sport at the time.....arguably beat an all time great in Cruz (I had him winning 3-2 bit was fine if someone had it for Cruz).....knocks out one of 145s brightest young stars in Cody.....winning his second belt. Torched guys like Lineaker & Assuncao (and arguably beat Assuncao in their first fight, imo)

This is gonna be (imo) two of the top 10 greatest P4P fighters of all time going at it....it's going to be an unreal scrap. Might be the best combination of all time P4P talent in a fight since BJ Penn-GSP.

GSP is doing a conference call with the media tomorrow.

It might just be because he missed the post-fight presser on Saturday, but also might be an announcement.

Doesn't sound like GSP has much interest in a Conor fight....says challenging a guy from a lower weight class, makes one look bad.

Non committal about whether he'll fight Whittaker (acknowledges he's contractually obligated to do so) or whether he'll fight at 170 next.....even says the Bisping fight could be his last fight. (negotiation tactic imo, to open the door to restructuring his contract if he prefers to move back to 170).

Whittaker or Woodley seem most likely.

UFC 218 tonight, awesome card

Holloway/Aldo

Beat him last time pretty convincingly, nothing has changed. Aldo is a bit older, Max probably a bit better

Overeem/Ngannou

Juiced Overeem vs Ngannou would have been ridiculous. Skills wise, Overeem is the craft veteran, the better striker. But Overeem has been knocked out a lot over his career (14 times including K1 apparently) and Ngannou is a monster. Probably the hardest hitter in the world.

Cejudo/Pettis

Don't have a pick here. Haven't seen enough of either because **** 125 pounders other than Mighty Mouse.

Alvarez/Gaethje

It's going to be a war, I think Gaethje has better tools.

There was no winner of that fight...Alvarez won, but they both look like they were in a ****ing car crash with no seat belts

If Gaethje stops fighting like a meathead, he'll dominate the division. Those leg kicks are next level.

Holy shit, Holloway dismantled Aldo.

Holloway is bad, bad man.

Nobody at 145 is in his class, even Aldo isn't in Holloway's class. I wonder if there is anyone at 155 who can make weight that would be a good fight for him. He may just dominate featherweight for a bunch more years.

I love rogue wikipedia edits

Overeem:

qVo6Zc8.png

Back