• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2017

13.5 mil cap hit.

I remember when Gretzky was making 5 mil, how crazy it seemed at the time.....

Look at NBA now....an average player can get almost a max deal contract

He is worth every penny and more .....the face of the team and league

What I dont understand is WTF is Baldy doing resigning Russell when they had to preserve every cap nickel they could find , fook these GM`s are a piece of work

Package up 27 for the Draisaitl.

I'm starting to get the feeling AG may not have as much value as some of us think.

Habs fans value him highly but around the league not sure he's perceived as valuable as we think.

13.5 mil cap hit.

I remember when Gretzky was making 5 mil, how crazy it seemed at the time.....

Look at NBA now....an average player can get almost a max deal contract

In a cap free league, someone pays Connor about $20M

Interesting piece on TSN.ca about the upheaval going on in the NHLPA. I was thinking that another shutdown wouldn't occur but now I see the path towards a very long period without hockey when the CBA ends. I wouldn't be surprised if they turf Don Fehr but if they don't then it looks like the hawkish side of the NHLPA will really dig in on the issues at the next CBA and not fold like they usually do.

This much is clear: The NHLPA, a union with a history of internecine fighting, is once again in upheaval, according to interviews with two veteran NHL players, six player agents, three NHLPA sources and internal NHLPA emails reviewed by TSN.
“Low HRR growth, high escrow, a failure to successfully negotiate Olympic participation in 2018, losses in HRR arbitrations and the failure to achieve revenue and player share targets from the World Cup of Hockey have opened the eyes of many NHL players. They are asking questions and struggling for answers why.”
As the hour-long conference call was winding down, some players on the call said they supported canvassing the union’s 700 members and advocating for (Chris) Chelios to be hired as an ombudsman for the union.

http://www.tsn.ca/latest-nhlpa-dispute-described-as-a-witch-hunt-1.791728

I'm starting to get the feeling AG may not have as much value as some of us think.

Habs fans value him highly but around the league not sure he's perceived as valuable as we think.

Yes, everyone knows that now. Hence "package". The Oilers will likley spend to the cap, but will they pay Draisaitl big dollars? They probably should, but ya never know.

I would move 67 if 27 doesn't interest them.

Interesting piece on TSN.ca about the upheaval going on in the NHLPA. I was thinking that another shutdown wouldn't occur but now I see the path towards a very long period without hockey when the CBA ends. I wouldn't be surprised if they turf Don Fehr but if they don't then it looks like the hawkish side of the NHLPA will really dig in on the issues at the next CBA and not fold like they usually do.

http://www.tsn.ca/latest-nhlpa-dispute-described-as-a-witch-hunt-1.791728

Let 90 percent of the players who have nowhere to go flip burgers during the lockout and see if paying escrow on millions isn't bad after all .

Edm would never do that.

Why? Nurse is probably 5th on their D depth chart, and they can't afford RNH.

The comparison point wise between RNH and Gallagher is actually quite similar. Not to mention that they are stacked at centre already. Gallagher also has 2.25m less of a cap hit for the next three seasons.

I think the trade is VERY doable.

People underrate Chuckie, and overate Gallagher

Chuckie is a 1st line player (center or wing)
Gallagher is a 3rd line player, borderline 2nd line player

Habs have him on 2nd line because we don't have better options

15 teams have asked about AG. He clearly has value.

Upcoming controversial statement here:

Is Draisaitl a product of McDavid?

Don't get me wrong Draisaitl is good, but playing with McDavid would make any one on the planet look like a better hockey player.

Upcoming controversial statement here:

Is Draisaitl a product of McDavid?

Don't get me wrong Draisaitl is good, but playing with McDavid would make any one on the planet look like a better hockey player.

nahhhh....the kid is for real

Back