• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2017

Apparently he doesn't want to be an assistant coach travelling with the team, but would take a role with someone in player development.

Perfect....our player development sucks

I'd hire him with Sergachev, Juulsen, Mete, Lernout etc... all in the pipeline. Can't hurt.

I'd also hire someone better than JJD for the team full time.

Robinson probably wants to stay in Florida most of the time....

I'd hire Sergachev's dad to be coach. What could go wrong?

Given his druthers, Bergevin wouldn't even pick up the phone to call Robinson's agent but circumstances may force him to do something. Consider:

- with every game that PK plays during this Cup run, fans in Montreal become more and more disenchanted with Bergevin. I just spent the past two weeks in Montreal and when the Preds would win a game the next day's conversation in Montreal was less about PK and the Preds and more about how last night's game added further confirmation to the belief that Bergevin needs to be fired. I realize that the Habs front office mostly lives inside a fact-free bubble but the better PK does, the more Habs fans hate on Bergevin for trading him.

- When the Habs didn't return Robinson's calls in 2012 the head coach was the thin-skinned, insecure Therrien. Now they have Julien, who as a Cup winning coach himself is far more confident than Therrien could ever be. JJ Daigneault may be Bergevin's buddy but Julien inherited him and every coach wants the freedom to hire their own guys. Having Robinson around wouldn't cause Julien to feel threatened in the least.

- if the Preds win the Cup the Habs will need something, ANYTHING, to distract fans from the awful truth. Bringing back the greatest defenceman in franchise history would be a nice distraction.

- Robinson isn't going to be the kind of assistant who stands behind the bench and travels with the team. He'll be more of a consultant and will probably only show upin town once or twice a month so he isn't going to threaten anyone's position.

But I expect the Habs to drop the ball on this once again.

Given his druthers, Bergevin wouldn't even pick up the phone to call Robinson's agent but circumstances may force him to do something. Consider:

- with every game that PK plays during this Cup run, fans in Montreal become more and more disenchanted with Bergevin. I just spent the past two weeks in Montreal and when the Preds would win a game the next day's conversation in Montreal was less about PK and the Preds and more about how last night's game added further confirmation to the belief that Bergevin needs to be fired. I realize that the Habs front office mostly lives inside a fact-free bubble but the better PK does, the more Habs fans hate on Bergevin for trading him.

- When the Habs didn't return Robinson's calls in 2012 the head coach was the thin-skinned, insecure Therrien. Now they have Julien, who as a Cup winning coach himself is far more confident than Therrien could ever be. JJ Daigneault may be Bergevin's buddy but Julien inherited him and every coach wants the freedom to hire their own guys. Having Robinson around wouldn't cause Julien to feel threatened in the least.

- if the Preds win the Cup the Habs will need something, ANYTHING, to distract fans from the awful truth. Bringing back the greatest defenceman in franchise history would be a nice distraction.

- Robinson isn't going to be the kind of assistant who stands behind the bench and travels with the team. He'll be more of a consultant and will probably only show upin town once or twice a month so he isn't going to threaten anyone's position.

But I expect the Habs to drop the ball on this once again.

not sure Harvey is available

did you buy the ZO2 shoes ?

If you give me the money, I'll get a pair.

And by get a pair, I actually mean go to Moishes and spend it on something that has actual value and not on some dope.

Robinson did not endear himself to some fans this week when he stated that Subban is the fourth dman on the Predators.

Robinson probably wants to stay in Florida most of the time....

Big Bird apparently wants to stay within daily commuting distance from his Brandenton, Fla home. He'll end up with TBay IMO.

Its all silliness.

He's playing the toughest minutes and is one point behind Ellis in scoring.

Seriously, 3rd or 4th? LOL

Big Bird apparently wants to stay within daily commuting distance from his Brandenton, Fla home. He'll end up with TBay IMO.

Ok, well then his options are, errrr, very limited.

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

If he's willing to fly out to Laval 4-5 times a month, it makes sense to bring him on board.

Back