• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2017

I've never seen the Passages retreat mentioned by any source blog or otherwise....only know because I was told so by a couple of players. It's the addiction center NHLPA advises its membership to attend out in Malibu.

He wasn't the only NHLer to attend at the end of last season....hopefully he's on the road to recovery for his sake.

So it hasnt been "reported extensively" then?

The Hurricanes have acquired Marcus Kruger from the Golden Knights for a 2018 fifth-round pick.

The khl has ruled all moscow dynamo players on one-way contracts are now free agents after they didnt get paid last year and the new owner didnt want to pick up the debt.

Larry Brooks:
Kovalchuk will return to KHL for one more season, Post has learned. Will become free agent next 7/1. Am told NJ made effort to make deal.

Do they have any players of note?

Klim Kostin who is now able to come to the Blues without waiting.

A leafs 6th round pick is also there, Nikolai Chebykin

Those two only played a few games though.

None of their forwards did anything of note. The team kinda sucked offensively.

Jusson Haitenen is a Finnish RH Dman who had 30 points in 45 games, but is also 32 so a bit older to come over.

Klim Kostin who is now able to come to the Blues without waiting.

A leafs 6th round pick is also there, Nikolai Chebykin

Those two only played a few games though.

None of their forwards did anything of note. The team kinda sucked offensively.

Jusson Haitenen is a Finnish RH Dman who had 30 points in 45 games, but is also 32 so a bit older to come over.

So these dudes play the whole year without a dime , how the heck do they survive with families .

I am sure the heavyweights like Kovalchuk probably make a good chunk of a top teams payroll by himself with guarantees

So these dudes play the whole year without a dime , how the heck do they survive with families .

I am sure the heavyweights like Kovalchuk probably make a good chunk of a top teams payroll by himself with guarantees

Its crazy over there. Why do you think so many guys like Radulov, or Shipachyov or others are leaving and there are reports they were offered more in the KHL? Cause yeah they were offered more, but the contract means nothing and you might lose all or part of it if the team says we are broke and not paying you and the league does nothing about it other than make you a free agent.

Is there another Russian center to poach? Should have gotten Shipachyov.

Czech Centre playing in the KHL... Jan Kovar, but appears to be signed for next year.

French Centre who went to Ottawa a while ago and sucked, but then went to KHL and tore it up, and then tore it up at the Worlds is Stephane Da Costa. Id give him a cheap deal. He is a free agent

Kevin Klein announces his retirement... and in the process frees up $2.9M in cap space for the Rangers.

Kevin Klein announces his retirement... and in the process frees up $2.9M in cap space for the Rangers.

It's good to be GM of NYR isn't it. #getoutofjailcardwheneveruneedone

history-of-the-world-part-i1.jpg

It think it's pretty clear what Claude Julien thinks of Russian hockey payers in general. The Bruins never had many under him either. It's a little easier to comprehend why a serious effort was not made to sign Shippy this year, when it was last year, before CJ arrived.

It think it's pretty clear what Claude Julien thinks of Russian hockey payers in general. The Bruins never had many under him either. It's a little easier to comprehend why a serious effort was not made to sign Shippy this year, when it was last year, before CJ arrived.

And now Radulov is gone, Markov may not be coming back...

And Sergachev, Nesterov...so how long before Ruskie-Americano bites the dust?

Unlike CH1, I don't think it's just a coincidence. Yeah they offered Radulov a good contract but not as good Dallas's given the tax comparisons.

And Sergachev, Nesterov...so how long before Ruskie-Americano bites the dust?

Yup, Sergachev.

Galchenyuk would have been gone already if MB could have found a good offer for him, lucky for us, he didn't.

Still, with CJ as coach, 4.9 million for a 4th line winger is a bit of a overpayment.

Unlike CH1, I don't think it's just a coincidence. Yeah they offered Radulov a good contract but not as good Dallas's given the tax comparisons.

I don't see tax comparisons as relevant since the cap is the same for every team and MB would have priced himself out of adding a puck moving d-man. His offer was generous enough to keep Radulov.

Perhaps they are nationalistic motives at play but foolhardy IMO to be certain of it given the small sample size and MB's recent history of signing/retaining Russians.

I don't see tax comparisons as relevant since the cap is the same for every team and MB would have priced himself out of adding a puck moving d-man. His offer was generous enough to keep Radulov.

Perhaps they are nationalistic motives at play but foolhardy IMO to be certain of it given the small sample size and MB's recent history of signing/retaining Russians.

I think it's CJ-driven. MB has shown in the past that he will do what his coach wants, and sometimes to the detriment of the team's success.

I'm certain the Joe Morrow pickup was recommended by Julien.

Back