• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2018

Don't need tavares pulling us from the basement to the mushy middle.

Go tavares go... Somewhere else.
Here's the problem with your argument. Goofo has money to spend. He will now spend it on Paul Stastny or someone like Alzner. At least Tavares would be our best player.

Here's the problem with your argument. Goofo has money to spend. He will now spend it on Paul Stastny or someone like Alzner. At least Tavares would be our best player.

Stastny wont drag the habs out of the basement, so it's all good.

As long as the habs remain bottom 10 in the NHL I'm happy.

You will bitch we didn't lose enough,don't lie.

Yes, I will.

Still better than being a playoff bubble team for the next 7 years.

But lets not let that distract from the good news.

Best of luck to tavares wherever he decides to sign which wont be montreal

steal for Calgary

Maybe, but only if Hanifin gets his head out of his butt long enough to actually mature as a player. He stagnated HARD in his second season ... especially after he was named to a charity slot in the All Star game. He's got every tool but he's got a long way to go to be a real impact defenseman. Lindhom is a tweener. He's got skills and can play multiple roles and positions, but he just doesn't produce offense and his effort level is all over the place.

Carolina gets the right now benefit out of this deal. Calgary gets the down the road payoff ... probably. I'm fine with that.

Maybe, but only if Hanifin gets his head out of his butt long enough to actually mature as a player. He stagnated HARD in his second season ... especially after he was named to a charity slot in the All Star game. He's got every tool but he's got a long way to go to be a real impact defenseman. Lindhom is a tweener. He's got skills and can play multiple roles and positions, but he just doesn't produce offense and his effort level is all over the place.

Carolina gets the right now benefit out of this deal. Calgary gets the down the road payoff ... probably. I'm fine with that.

Geeman is one of the very few people I've seen call it a win for Calgary. The overwhelming majority consider it a big win for Carolina.

Stastny wont drag the habs out of the basement, so it's all good.

As long as the habs remain bottom 10 in the NHL I'm happy.

Stastny will not drag us out of the basement but a healthy lineup and help for Weber may.... Price may play like Price again too. Remember we have tons of cap space. God knows how we will perform next season.

Stastny will not drag us out of the basement but a healthy lineup and help for Weber may.... Price may play like Price again too. Remember we have tons of cap space. God knows how we will perform next season.

with any luck, just like last season

That's 2 people that are completely wrong.

Again, it legitimately could be a steal for Calgary if Hanifin gets his head out of his butt. Considering that he’s moving on but still playing for the same coach who lost his attention with the Canes last year? Yeah, that seems like a long term play. Carolina needs to get better NOW. Hamilton helps that happen.

Again, it legitimately could be a steal for Calgary if Hanifin gets his head out of his butt. Considering that he’s moving on but still playing for the same coach who lost his attention with the Canes last year? Yeah, that seems like a long term play. Carolina needs to get better NOW. Hamilton helps that happen.

That's the thing... IF things change it could be a steal for Calgary. As things ARE, it's a steal for Carolina.

Hamilton is a legit stud #1 dman signed at a very friendly cap hit for 3 more years. And he's still 25. Ferland is dirt cheap and coming off of a nice breakout year. Fox looks like a really good prospect.

Hanifin and Lindholm are both high potential guys... but have not lived up to it yet.

Back