• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2018

Hamilton is no where near a legit stud D. He's a marginal NHLer on his best day. Calgary stole this show, and it wasn't even close.

Geeman is one of the very few people I've seen call it a win for Calgary. The overwhelming majority consider it a big win for Carolina.

Dougie is on his third team in 5 years and on a favourable deal . WTF is he traded again? What is the reason ?

Noah is 21 and has improved every year . He now has 3 stud forwards to work with . He will get some PP time . He will break out this year .

Lindholm is a nice 2C and plays a 200 foot game .

Unless Fox turns into a top 3 D , all the upside is in Calgary right now .

Once again why is Dougie shopped again . No one moves a top pair D on a great contract for no reason .

Dougie is on his third team in 5 years and on a favourable deal . WTF is he traded again? What is the reason ?

Noah is 21 and has improved every year . He now has 3 stud forwards to work with . He will get some PP time . He will break out this year .

Lindholm is a nice 2C and plays a 200 foot game .

Unless Fox turns into a top 3 D , all the upside is in Calgary right now .

Once again why is Dougie shopped again . No one moves a top pair D on a great contract for no reason .

Good players get traded. The fact that a player is traded once, twice or three times doesn't necessarily mean anything. Cause really... Noah Hanifin just got traded so what is the reason??!

In 3 seasons, Hanifin's progression has been pretty slow. If he keeps progressing, he MIGHT become as good as Hamilton someday. And that's assuming that Hamilton won't improve yet. He's still only 25.

Around the League - Offseason 2018

Adam Fox is going to be real real good, with the plethora of Dman the Canes have, Habs should see if Carolina might be willing to deal him - would look mighty fine next to Weber

That was one of the more bizarre posts I've ever seen on this board.

I wonder if he thought it was Freddie Hamilton. Otherwise it's beyond ridiculous.

Check out his last few posts. From the Galchenyuk trade thread:

"Galchenyuk is a brutal hockey player that should never have been drafted as I advised at the time. Good riddance."

The user is either a very, very bad troll or literally retarded.

Xavier Ouellet is going to be bought out by Detroit.

Would have no issue giving him and Simon Despres a shot.

Check out his last few posts. From the Galchenyuk trade thread:

"Galchenyuk is a brutal hockey player that should never have been drafted as I advised at the time. Good riddance."

The user is either a very, very bad troll or literally retarded.

Ahhh... okay. Makes sense now. I'll just skip his posts as I do with a few others.

John Shannon
[emoji818]
@JSportsnet
Confirmation tonight that the Kings will not pursue John Tavares, after signing Ilya Kovalchuk. They did take a long hard look at Max Pacioretty but couldn’t get a deal done.

John Shannon
[emoji818]
@JSportsnet
Confirmation tonight that the Kings will not pursue John Tavares, after signing Ilya Kovalchuk. They did take a long hard look at Max Pacioretty but couldn’t get a deal done.

Now is this MB fault or is MP looking for to much money or term.

See. Here's where actually watching every Carolina Hurricanes game pays off ... and it's bloody rare, let me tell you.

Hanifin not only hasn't improved every season, he actually regressed badly last year. He has consistently struggled in his own end, but early in his career his stellar passing more than made up for that. As the 2017-18 season went along that became an issue as well as he lost patience easily and became a absolute turnover machine. He could well get his mess together at some point, but his biggest issue over the last two seasons was that he wouldn't accept coaching ... and that ain't gonna change since he's now going to be re-joining the coach he tuned out during his time with the Canes. Oh, he also got a LOT of power play time LAST season. So that's not the problem. The problem is that he just hasn't produced, despite more opportunities than his level of play warranted.

Noah has absolutely every tool to be a really good NHL defensemen. To act like his progression towards that goal has been steady or is somehow a given is to betray a lack of exposure. It hasn't and it isn't. The kid has a long way yet to go and it absolutely didn't help when he got the big head after getting the charity/pity All Star slot this past season. I hope the best for him, but he's a risk.

And yeah. All the upside in that trade is in Calgary. But for a Hurricanes franchise staring down the barrel of 10 years out of the playoffs, right now has to be the primary concern at some point. This is that point. If Calgary ends up "winning" the trade 3 years down the road but Carolina improves RIGHT NOW, then the Canes will be fine with that.

See. Here's where actually watching every Carolina Hurricanes game pays off ... and it's bloody rare, let me tell you.

Hanifin not only hasn't improved every season, he actually regressed badly last year. He has consistently struggled in his own end, but early in his career his stellar passing more than made up for that. As the 2017-18 season went along that became an issue as well as he lost patience easily and became a absolute turnover machine. He could well get his mess together at some point, but his biggest issue over the last two seasons was that he wouldn't accept coaching ... and that ain't gonna change since he's now going to be re-joining the coach he tuned out during his time with the Canes. Oh, he also got a LOT of power play time LAST season. So that's not the problem. The problem is that he just hasn't produced, despite more opportunities than his level of play warranted.

Noah has absolutely every tool to be a really good NHL defensemen. To act like his progression towards that goal has been steady or is somehow a given is to betray a lack of exposure. It hasn't and it isn't. The kid has a long way yet to go and it absolutely didn't help when he got the big head after getting the charity/pity All Star slot this past season. I hope the best for him, but he's a risk.

And yeah. All the upside in that trade is in Calgary. But for a Hurricanes franchise staring down the barrel of 10 years out of the playoffs, right now has to be the primary concern at some point. This is that point. If Calgary ends up "winning" the trade 3 years down the road but Carolina improves RIGHT NOW, then the Canes will be fine with that.

Dougie is a locker room cancer, as quoted by the GM ," we want players that want to be here " . So now its 2 teams he quit on and is only 25 on his third team .

If after 10 years you missed the playoffs this isnt the deal to make .

This a total lateral move at best and unless Fox hits , I dont see how they improve long term .

If Dougie quit on 2 established hockey markets , good luck going to that shit show with an owner who looks like Hugh Hefner dressed in sneakers on the weekend .

Back