• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

Sens gave up no prospect of significant value (no Chabot, no White) - they gave up two likely late 1st round picks, which have very low probability of success to begin with.

Good deal for all three teams, unless Preds win the Cup or resign Turris they may end up losers of the deal. As Friedman said last night Sens were not interested in ponying up for Turris but are willing to do so fo Duchene.

Preds already signed Turris. 6 years, 6 million AAV.

At that contract this is a huge loss for the Sens.

The difference between Turris and Duchene is not 2 firsts and a third.

Infact going to last season (and this one).

Duchene: 51 points in his last 90 games (this year and last)
Turris: 64 points in 89 games

Sens gave up no prospect of significant value (no Chabot, no White) - they gave up two likely late 1st round picks, which have very low probability of success to begin with.

Good deal for all three teams, unless Preds win the Cup or resign Turris they may end up losers of the deal. As Friedman said last night Sens were not interested in ponying up for Turris but are willing to do so fo Duchene.

No one was giving up a grade A prospcet for Duchene that was pretty established when Sakic tried for half a year.

turris as a rental would have fetched a 1st rounder and a good prospect at the deadline as a rental.

So the price tag by Ottawa is in fact pretty heavy

No one was giving up a grade A prospcet for Duchene that was pretty established when Sakic tried for half a year.

turris as a rental would have fetched a 1st rounder and a good prospect at the deadline as a rental.

So what does that say about Galchenyuk’s market value, as he was rumored offered up 1-for-1?

Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

The Sens are going for it. When Colin White returns from injury their top-4C will be Duchene-Brassard-White-Pageau, might be the deepest 4-some in the Eastern Conf (note the 4 deep C comment)

The Sens are going for it. When Colin White returns from injury their top-4C will be Duchene-Brassard-White-Pageau, might be the deepest 4-some in the Eastern Conf (note the 4 deep C comment)

They're going for it... by getting no better now while giving up 2 1sts and a 3rd. Duchene is no better than Turris. I hope the Habs don't go for it.

By the sounds of it, Turris would have signed long term in Ottawa. So they could have signed him and kept all the futures.

The Sens gave up a lot but I agree didn't touch their best prospects and maybe no quality players in time .

Turns was done in Ottawa , they wanted no part of a long term deal with him .

They couldnt acquire MD with Joe working a deal with them directly involving Turris .

I think Nashville gave up the better prospects right now .

Time will tell if a refreshed motivated MD makes Ottawa better . I think he will put up big numbers where finally he can concentrate on hockey and not the shit show of the last 2 years .

Each team got what they wanted .

Turris would of fetched a low tier first rounder and a mid level prospect hardly what they wanted to wait 3 plus years for any return .

I wasn't going term with Turris , but would with MD who I think can have a Marleau type longevity career with his natural wheels .

What I like about this deal is finally a major deal to talk about and some creativity required to get 3 teams involved.

I am a little suspicious of Duchesne. For a guy rumoured to be so good, he didn't seem to be part of the solution in Colorado the last few years. Its amazing how bad that team has been, for having had players that are supposedly so good. Its not all goaltending/defence. There's on-ice leadership etc. that comes into play for a team to be so bad.

Then again, maybe Ottawa will benefit from a change in location for Duchesne, as did Pittsburgh with Kessell.

Good deal for the Preds. Very dangerous team.

Yeah, that I agree with.

In less than half a year Poile made sure that if they once again lose their #1 center they will have a good set of centers in Turris and Bonino to fall back on

Last three seasons.

Turris 54 pts/82 games
Duchene 56/82

Duchene is a better player than Turris. At least they didn't add Duchene to Turris. Then Ottawa would be very hard to beat.

The Sens aren't going for anything. This wasn't a hockey trade for them; it was a salary cap trade. And at the end of next season when Duchene is due to hit free agency they probably won't even be able to keep him because most of their limited cap space will be eaten up by Hot Karl. If you want to see what "going for it" looks like with this deal, look at the Preds, not the Sens. They now have Johansen, Turris and Bonino as their top 3 down the middle.

Duchene is a better player than Turris. At least they didn't add Duchene to Turris. Then Ottawa would be very hard to beat.

Personally, I like Turris a lot.

But to me Turris is a natural center.

Duchene seems to be a winger/center

They almost have the same numbers in last three years, but Duchene is two years younger. The argument is he wasn't motivated with Aves and can put up much better numbers with Sens. We will see. I also agree, it isn't huge upgrade.

Back