• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Leafs win. Completely different game tonight, Leafs came with jump and caught Bruins flat at the start.

Leafs win. Completely different game tonight, Leafs came with jump and caught Bruins flat at the start.

They came out flat but still managed a ton of shots and dingers off the post. Next game should be interesting

To bad it is not possible for both teams to lose. That would be perfect.

As the Tampa Bay Lightning won their first round matchup against the New Jersey Devils in 5 games, Nikita Kucherov set Tampa Bay franchise record for most point in a playoff series with 10 points.

Kucherov scored 3 GWGs in that series, equalizing Martin St-Louis franchise record.

He now ranks second behind St-Louis in Lightning history with 27 playoff goals, and into a second-place tie with Vincent Lecavalier for most playoff points in Lightning history.

I remember a thread were we compared Kucherov and Pacioretty, arguing which one we would prefer to have on our team.
Good times.

As the Tampa Bay Lightning won their first round matchup against the New Jersey Devils in 5 games, Nikita Kucherov set Tampa Bay franchise record for most point in a playoff series with 10 points.

Kucherov scored 3 GWGs in that series, equalizing Martin St-Louis franchise record.

He now ranks second behind St-Louis in Lightning history with 27 playoff goals, and into a second-place tie with Vincent Lecavalier for most playoff points in Lightning history.

I remember a thread were we compared Kucherov and Pacioretty, arguing which one we would prefer to have on our team.
Good times.

Yeah, not even in the same league, Kucherov is just amazing in the playoffs, his numbers are fantastic but putting that aside and just watching how intense he is when it matters is proof

Good times.

Kucherov is phenomenal.

I don't recall the argument but I'd sure at the time it was a lot closer.

Kucherov is phenomenal.

Talking about phenomenal, or maybe more about future phenomenal :

NHL Public Relations
@PR_NHL
Mikhail Sergachev (19 years, 300 days) is the youngest player in @TBLightning history to score a goal in the #StanleyCup Playoffs, eclipsing the mark set by Jason Wiemer (20 years, 2 days) in Game 1 of the 1996 Conference Quarterfinals at PHI. #NHLStats #NJDvsTBL

It also looks like Chevy put on a show for Montreal's favorite GM :

Lightning Insider
‏@Erik_Erlendsson
So I think Twitter will enjoy this little nugget . . . Montreal #Habs general manager Marc Bergevin is in attendance at today's game and witnessed Mikhail Sergachev score his first career playoff goal today

[video=youtube;-s38dc83zWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s38dc83zWU[/video]

That goal was prepared by 3 rookie players, all of them in their first NHL Playoff Series.
(Gourde, Cirelli, Sergachev)

Last edited:

Yeah like letting Chara punch you in the face!

He can punch the whole leaf team in the face. Does not bother me. Then he can fall on his own face and break it. I am not a leaf fan... nor a Ruins fan. This is a Habs board.

Sean Couturier played with a torn MCL including 5-points in losing cause today.

Back