• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

It’s an eye opener to see how many key elememts we are missing to compete.

Too bad its not even more of an eye opener to management when we cant score a goal when we do make the playoffs.

Also, regarding Plekanec.

999 career games. Wants his 1000th in a habs uniform. But he is hot garbage. Sign him for a one day emergency contract, let him play his 1000th and then never speak of him again.

Also, regarding Plekanec.

999 career games. Wants his 1000th in a habs uniform. But he is hot garbage. Sign him for a one day emergency contract, let him play his 1000th and then never speak of him again.

No .....you dont talk to him or his agent and move on

Nero would get teary eyed and give him a 5 year extension

No .....you dont talk to him or his agent and move on

Nero would get teary eyed and give him a 5 year extension

Ugh...

That said, we got a second round pick for him. Grand larceny really.

Just coming by to say that I'm 100% for Boston winning, however I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes of last night's game without feeling nauseous about watching happy Bruins fans. So I'll just follow the series from my phone or only watch the games played in Toronto from now on.

Just coming by to say that I'm 100% for Boston winning, however I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes of last night's game without feeling nauseous about watching happy Bruins fans. So I'll just follow the series from my phone or only watch the games played in Toronto from now on.

Yup..... my 2 worst despised teams and we are golfing

I'm definitely pulling for the Leafs to beat the Bruins. But Marchand was killing them last night.

I tuned in at the worse moment...right when Rene Rancourt was finishing his anthem and was fist pumping the crowd

It’s an eye opener to see how many key elememts we are missing to compete.

What? We're missing very little.

1. Get off to a fast start
2. Squeeze into the playoffs
3. Pray Price gets a 950 Save Percentage in the post

I think people overreact always as to how far away we are. We aren't a player away, but we are also not half a team away. We have to ensure we don't compare the crap team we had on the ice the last two months with what our regular team would normally be. It is not to say that injuries were the only reason we did not make the post season, far from it, but they drove us to the bottom four. A full lineup might have fought for a spot in the post season, at least for most of the season.

Yes we were brutal, but it isn't all bad. As with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it is not all good nor all bad, but both good and bad.

I think people overreact always as to how far away we are. We aren't a player away, but we are also not half a team away. We have to ensure we don't compare the crap team we had on the ice the last two months with what our regular team would normally be. It is not to say that injuries were the only reason we did not make the post season, far from it, but they drove us to the bottom four. A full lineup might have fought for a spot in the post season, at least for most of the season.

Yes we were brutal, but it isn't all bad. As with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, it is not all good nor all bad, but both good and bad.

"Away" from what? Making the playoffs or being an actual Cup contender? If it's the latter, we're probably at least 5, if not more, players away.

Back