• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

Went to the Penguins-Flyers game tonight. The Penguins and Habs do not play the same sport.

You mean to tell us that Habs emulating the Broncos 2015/Ravens 2000 to win solely with their defense/goalie won’t work ?

You mean to tell us that Habs emulating the Broncos 2015/Ravens 2000 to win solely with their defense/goalie won’t work ?
They’re not emulating either since the Habs have been deficient in both areas this year

The first top college free agent is off the board as Zach Whitecloud signs a three-year entry-level contract with the Golden Knights.

Only you guys can make a 10 game winning streak a bad thing.

The Preds are obviously a serious threat.

Everyone know it. They are just trying to get you going...

How many of their last 10 opponents are even trying to make the post-season at this point in the year? How many of their opponents are already safely in the playoffs and similarly have nothing to play for? The outcome of a regular season game is rarely important to both teams. Most of the time only one team "needs" the 2 points (and sometimes they only need one point) and often neither team really needs a win so they go through the motions.

Trying to pretend the Preds aren't good is going full idiot.

Don't waste you're time with this one.

How many of their last 10 opponents are even trying to make the post-season at this point in the year? How many of their opponents are already safely in the playoffs and similarly have nothing to play for? The outcome of a regular season game is rarely important to both teams. Most of the time only one team "needs" the 2 points (and sometimes they only need one point) and often neither team really needs a win so they go through the motions.

Anaheim needed a win last night.

Trying to pretend the Preds aren't good is going full idiot.

Don't waste you're time with this one.

Oh I know.

If he can't have nice things, neither can I.

Don't worry, I've seen his type before. In kindergarten.

Bandwagon fans don't get to have nice things because they haven't earned them. If you were a fan of the Preds when they were sucking as an expansion team and had shared the pain of actual Preds fans all those years then you could properly share in their present success. But as a PK-come-lately fan you are viewed with derision, both by fans of the team you have forsaken and by actual fans of the team you are currently glomming on to. Preds fans will tolerate bandwagon jumpers but they won't respect them because a fairweather fan's loyalty to the team is conditional. As soon as you tire of them (or as soon as your favourite player is traded) you'll find some other flavour of the month team to which you'll pledge your undying loyalty yet again.

Bandwagon fans don't get to have nice things because they haven't earned them. If you were a fan of the Preds when they were sucking as an expansion team and had shared the pain of actual Preds fans all those years then you could properly share in their present success. But as a PK-come-lately fan you are viewed with derision, both by fans of the team you have forsaken and by actual fans of the team you are currently glomming on to. Preds fans will tolerate bandwagon jumpers but they won't respect them because a fairweather fan's loyalty to the team is conditional. As soon as you tire of them (or as soon as your favourite player is traded) you'll find some other flavour of the month team to which you'll pledge your undying loyalty yet again.
I've been following the Preds since 2008.

While I missed their initial suckiness, I have been following them, good and bad, for 10 years now. So by your own definition, I have earned it, thank you and good day.

Pierre LeBrun:
Hearing that Carolina has asked permission from the LA Kings to speak with Mike Futa.

I've been following the Preds since 2008.

While I missed their initial suckiness, I have been following them, good and bad, for 10 years now. So by your own definition, I have earned it, thank you and good day.

did you ever call for them to lose every game? a friend wants to know,,,

Back