• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

In all fairness no previous expansion team ever had access to talent like Fleury, Neal, Theodore, Schmidt, Marchessault etc. along w a guaranteed top-5 pick before ever stepping on the ice.

I agree though LV will become Bettman’s crown jewel of Southern Expansion strategy.

BTW, maybe MB should’ve heeded the advise from his consigliere in the summer of 2016 when Dudley apparently recommended signing Marchessault off the scrap heap....

Yup, they got a sweet deal with this expansion process compared to previous expansion.

Ondrej Palat will be out of the Lightning lineup for 6-8 weeks with a lower-body injury.

Charlie McAvoy underwent a procedure today to treat an “abnormal heart rhythm” that was first noticed after a game on November 26. McAvoy will remain in hospital overnight and has a recovery timeline of two weeks.

10 straight wins for the Avalanche....all that and Barberio is playing about 18 minutes a games...lolololol

He does but problem is we replaced him with worse players.

I think he is better than Jeranek, Morrow combined. The issue is in Montreal he was in and out of line-up so it is hard to expect someone play at his potential in such a situation. He is an alright 3rd pairing D who push the attack. As it was said he plays between 18-20 minutes with Aves in regular base.

I think he is better than Jeranek, Morrow combined. The issue is in Montreal he was in and out of line-up so it is hard to expect someone play at his potential in such a situation. He is an alright 3rd pairing D who push the attack. As it was said he plays between 18-20 minutes with Aves in regular base.

Barberio , Morrow , Jeranek , Alzner, Lernout , and your buddy Hanley are shit when playing on a putrid defence and overall team like ours.

Knives coming out for Babcock? That fan base is hilarious....

Fastest rebuild ever and already pissed.

Last edited:

I like Jeranek's offensive side.....we need to get more mobile dmen like Petry and Jeranek. I'm not saying they are Subban/Karlsson/Doughty by any means, but most of your d-corp needs to be mobile to win in today's game.

I would not trade Petry.....he might not be a #1-2....but he's a damn fine #3 (who's asked to play as a #1-2 right now).

I never understood why you keep Benn over Beaulieu....SFB is still soo young in terms of being a dmen. We could have turned him into a decent depth dmen for us....much better than all the slow guys we have right now.

Bergevin-Julien are still trying to play the game the old fashion way.....it won't work, even with Max scoring 35-40 goal seasons, even with Price having Hart-worthy seasons. It won't work in today's NHL

Beaulieu is struggling a lot in Buffalo, he's even been healthy scratched.

Barberio was called a turnover machine by analysts and reporters in Colorado before this hot streak started.

I understand we're frustrated with the pathetic dcorp MB has built but I'm not going to cry over the loss of these two

Russia Hockey:
An official statement has been released from the Russian Ice Hockey Federation following the IOC inviting players to the 2018 Olympic Games.

http://fhr.ru/en/main/ofnews/card/?id_4=14424

_____

These following candidates did not receive an invitation from the IOC to compete at the Olympic Games: Anton Belov, Alexei Bereglazov, Mikhail Naumenkov, Valery Nichushkin and Sergei Plotnikov.

Beaulieu is struggling a lot in Buffalo, he's even been healthy scratched.

Barberio was called a turnover machine by analysts and reporters in Colorado before this hot streak started.

I understand we're frustrated with the pathetic dcorp MB has built but I'm not going to cry over the loss of these two

Agreed. They all suck.

Time to go completely young. No more patchwork and/or aging vets.

I like Jeranek's offensive side.....we need to get more mobile dmen like Petry and Jeranek. I'm not saying they are Subban/Karlsson/Doughty by any means, but most of your d-corp needs to be mobile to win in today's game.

I would not trade Petry.....he might not be a #1-2....but he's a damn fine #3 (who's asked to play as a #1-2 right now).

I never understood why you keep Benn over Beaulieu....SFB is still soo young in terms of being a dmen. We could have turned him into a decent depth dmen for us....much better than all the slow guys we have right now.

Bergevin-Julien are still trying to play the game the old fashion way.....it won't work, even with Max scoring 35-40 goal seasons, even with Price having Hart-worthy seasons. It won't work in today's NHL

Honestly, Benn is better than Beaulieu. Most consistent and reliable overall, better work ethic, he even has more points than Beaulieu this season. Beaulieu, for all his talent, was way too inconsistent and kept being bounced in and out of the lineup. That's still the case in Buffalo.

Back