• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Training Camp 2018

just so we are clear

this is what eller did

he skated to HIS bench and gave a little hand high five thing
does not even look at the Bruins bench and did not even skate by it

but even if he did taunt them it is okay to Perozoghin him?

[video=youtube;VzmD9WycWE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzmD9WycWE4[/video]

Dramatic irony is that Marchand enforced the code -- is face licking part of the old school manual?

He confused faces with scratch n sniff or lick ads in magazines. It’s not his fault!

nah

you are wrong

something sure

but sucker punches nah

Dunno about sucker punches, he first grabbed him then started punching facing him. He might have sucker grabbed him but at that point Lars knew the punches were coming.

And if he wants to fight Eller sure but you do not throw 4 punches before a guy drops his gloves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMYtA28pgJs

Could you imagine if Domi kept punching Ekblad?

Meh, the punches that really did damage came after Eller drops his gloves.

Hopefully Eller is fine and hopefully he'll think about it twice next time.

I have very little tolerance for showboating on a lopsided score. I'm always reacting to it, remembered either my opponents or my teammates that's it's not ok. And I don't do it by talking to the opponent either.

by your logic of escalation hopefully eller kills him next time

i also tell my own team and others to stop the shit
but i have never once sucker punched somebody because of it

doubling down is not something i expected

i was hoping ppl just did not actually watch what eller did (he did very little)

There is no escalation logic, it pretty much stops there. I've never sucker punched anyone about it either, but I did get some guys good with some pretty solid checks.

I saw those clips, I still stand by it. Call me old school but I have very little tolerance for it, especially because some people have even less tolerance than me. It's just asking for trouble. What the **** are you celebrating at 7-0 with 6 minutes left in the game. Celebrate with your teammates and skate back to your bench. Don't be a dick.

Example.....if Mark Stone did that in front of the Habs bench after making it 7-0 I’d want to punch him in the face

Meh, the punches that really did damage came after Eller drops his gloves.

Hopefully Eller is fine and hopefully he'll think about it twice next time.

I have very little tolerance for showboating on a lopsided score. I'm always reacting to it, remembered either my opponents or my teammates that's it's not ok. And I don't do it by talking to the opponent either.
You ever tell your teammates that it's not okay to repeatedly punch someone in the face when they are not engaged in a fight with them?

Example.....if Mark Stone did that in front of the Habs bench after making it 7-0 I’d want to punch him in the face
Hey, when someone cuts me off in traffic I want to punch them in the face... but I don't. I'm not a mouth breathing knuckle dragger.

You ever tell your teammates that it's not okay to repeatedly punch someone in the face when they are not engaged in a fight with them?

Only if the guy didn't deserve it.

But neither applies here, Eller was engaged in the fight. Of course he was mostly protecting himself at first, I won't deny that Marchand got a bit of a head start.

And yesterday Marchand had a 4 points nights.

2 days into the season : 2 GP - 4 PTS - 1 TKO

That`s impressive.

Back