• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

you mean Dubas

and you are right they can wait longer

same thing happens owners vs players in CBA talks
I for one think all the pressure this time around is on the team IF the player has the cajones to wait it out - Leafs need slick Willy playing or netting them an equivalently capable asset preferably on D.

This season the honeymoon ends before potential cap he’ll era begins.

I for one think all the pressure this time around is on the team IF the player has the cajones to wait it out - Leafs need slick Willy playing or netting them an equivalently capable asset preferably on D.

This season the honeymoon ends before potential cap he’ll era begins.

What pressure , Leafs hold the cards and own his rights .

They won’t be in cap hell like you think . They don’t have those 10-20 mil of cap crap on their team like Alzner , Shaw , or Lucic .

Gardiner , Hainsey expire . Marleau is an easy trade or Robidas my back hurts island .

Brown is a an easy trade , they can fill their roster with ELC or cheap 1 year UFA players starving for money .

What they wont be able to do is pay the same stiffs we overpay.

Once your core 5-6 are locked up filling the gaps is the least of your problems .

He is not better than the turtle on Toronto . This team can score at will ( no pun intended ) . They dont need another offensive player , heck Kapanen looks more than adequate at 1 mil .

Kadri gives them a top end PK killer , shut down in your face player who scored 30 goals without the benefit of top playing with PN or Marner

Freddie is significantly more important than Willy . You cant ride Sparks , you will be crucified and there are no alternatives .

Take a 3 year bridge around 5 and go prove your worth megabucks on your next deal.

Unfortunately Taranno has too much talent ....sucks to be him .
I thought he’d be on a 2 year bridge...that 3 would land him as a UFA?

I thought he’d be on a 2 year bridge...that 3 would land him as a UFA?

He has 4 years to go as a UFA . He isn’t getting a 4 year deal . It’s eiether a short term bridge , 5 plus , or stay home.

Kapanen has 8 points after getting some top 6 minutes. The Leafs are shaking in their boots right now

The Ducks have signed Jake Dotchin to a one-year deal; he'll need to go through waivers before he can join the team.

Back