• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes sold.

Re: Letter of Intent to Purchase Canes

Good news. Better news will be changes that actually matter. Will this new guy raise our spend to the $70 million range? Will Waddell convince him the half empty building is just part of the process or will our approach change on promotions?

Kind of late to impact this season but the off-season might be more interesting.

This Luke quote is awesome!!!

"But Peters isn't alone. Francis is increasingly going to have to answer for the macro issues with this team, which despite the unquestioned offseason improvement remains headed for a ninth straight early summer. In three-plus years in charge, Francis has yet to make a real player-for-player trade. In his tenure, he's done nothing a vaguely competent video game AI wouldn't do."

No truer words have been spoken!!! Time to quit handing out free passes and start holding these guy's asses to the fire based on results.

It's about making tough decisions, and Francis has yet to make one.

This. And no, this isn't all about the lack of funds either. I've bent over backwards to be fair to Ronnie because of the respect I had for him as a player and team Captain. But as a General Manager he has been indecisive, passive and bland. Everything he wasn't as a player. He has done the dead minimum to keep this team on track while hoping like heck that his draft picks and the annual infusion of cap space flotsam will eventually lift the team to playoff contention. Yeah ... still waiting, Franchise.

It's official. I jumped off of Peters' bandwagon after the annual excuse-fest of a slow start this season and now I'm off of Francis' cart as well. I'm out. Done. This change in ownership can and should be the excuse SOMEBODY needs to clean house and start fresh. Will it happen? Doubt it. If I had to bet, I'd guess we flounder around aimlessly for the rest of the season and then clean house over the summer. Why? Because we've waited too bloody long to do virtually everything associated with making tough decisions at this club for pretty much 8 years, and old habits are hard to break.

Well the new guy could just do the typical thing and fire the coach to shake things up. That doesn't really show much thought but I suppose the fans will like it.

I always recall as a kid around age 5 I noticed bad teams fired their coaches so I finally asked my Dad. He said "simpler to fire one guy than 25"

(BTW I am not saying Peters needs to stay I am surprised he lasted this long )

If I had to bet I would bet Peters is out before the ink dries on the final agreement.

Look ... you could do the cliche thing and in Hurricanes land it would actually be unique. We have never done things the traditional NHL way, and while we won a Cup it hasn't exactly served us well overall. Of course a fair amount of our off-book weirdness is because we've always been short on funds to pay for "luxury items" like scouts.

also it's very likely they will promote BrindAmour to interim coach unless he doesn't want the job. they may assume the candidate field will be better in offseason after other guys are fired.

It's time to squeeze one out or get off the pot.( Language altered to be work safe. )

I was concerned when it was rumored that Francis was moving in to the front office that his reputation and stats would allow him too much leeway to be a terrible GM without consequences. It has.

And Bill Peters has shown absolutely nothing to indicate that he has any clue how to coach a team. I swear the guys dumber than a box of rocks.

Honestly, the only legitimate excuse for Ronnie having sat on his hands and done NOTHING while this team sputtered to yet another dead on arrival by Christmas was that he was told not to do anything due to the pending sale. But I’m not even buying that. I don’t think there’s any excuse at all in the roster he put together for this season or the failure to get rid of Peters after yet another failed training camp.

It's time to squeeze one out or get off the pot.( Language altered to be work safe. )

I was concerned when it was rumored that Francis was moving in to the front office that his reputation and stats would allow him too much leeway to be a terrible GM without consequences. It has.

And Bill Peters has shown absolutely nothing to indicate that he has any clue how to coach a team. I swear the guys dumber than a box of rocks.

This team would never ever do anything that actually means making a tough decision mid-season to try and correct a sinking ship. That would require stepping out of the old comfort zone...I admire Luke DeCock as the only guy in the entire media circuit that covers the Canes to at least single out the guilty offenders with this outfit.

The one thing about this market I hate the most is the country club environment and comfort zone the GM gets, the coach gets, the players seem to get...the accountability is just not there when you really need it most when things are bad. Justin Williams was the one faint hope with his summer comments regarding changing the culture...what did Williams get for his troubles from Bill Peters...no C, no A, no ice time in most of the overtimes, really the one guy I thought coming in could make a difference to change the losing culture has been pretty much treated like a third line fringe winger.

If this Dundon guy has the stones to show everyone early who's Boss, he needs to take a good, long look at everything...the GM, the Coaching staff, the hockey operations staff...let's cut the BS and really start to show the fan base that things will change here.

I hope Dundon has some connections, knows some people and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He needs to roll up his sleeves and dig in. It should get messy.

It's about making tough decisions, and Francis has yet to make one.

This. And no, this isn't all about the lack of funds either. I've bent over backwards to be fair to Ronnie because of the respect I had for him as a player and team Captain. But as a General Manager he has been indecisive, passive and bland. Everything he wasn't as a player. He has done the dead minimum to keep this team on track while hoping like heck that his draft picks and the annual infusion of cap space flotsam will eventually lift the team to playoff contention. Yeah ... still waiting, Franchise.

It's official. I jumped off of Peters' bandwagon after the annual excuse-fest of a slow start this season and now I'm off of Francis' cart as well. I'm out. Done. This change in ownership can and should be the excuse SOMEBODY needs to clean house and start fresh. Will it happen? Doubt it. If I had to bet, I'd guess we flounder around aimlessly for the rest of the season and then clean house over the summer. Why? Because we've waited too bloody long to do virtually everything associated with making tough decisions at this club for pretty much 8 years, and old habits are hard to break.

Truth...all of it!!! You said it much better JB than I ever could, but I feel your pain on both fronts, Francis and Peters are both looking like they are living on borrowed time unless something changes quickly.

I hope Dundon has some connections, knows some people and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He needs to roll up his sleeves and dig in. It should get messy.

As a NY Yankees fan, I'm always leery of an owner who wants to get his hands dirty. Hire the right hockey guys (get your hands dirty once) and everything else takes care of itself. But constant meddling from the owner's suite isn't necessarily a good thing.

I have no problem with Dundon assessing Ronnie's performance after he's been given the opportunity to work with an appropriate level of resources.

Yeah, Ronnie, lets see.. you built a farm system from nothing, and have drafted better than any GM since Emile Francis. Oh, and you haven't been able to spend up to anywhere near the cap. Yep, your'e fired.

Back