• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT PreSeason #2 Sens@Leafs

Yeah, Brown isn't going to just not play all year. The lines haven't even been set for game 1, nevermind all 82. It just kinda looks like he may start on the 4th line based on 2 days of camp.

That being said, I don't get the outcry. Depth and balance is a good thing. We have at least 2 20 goal scorers on the first (Matthews/Nylander), 2nd (Marner/Bozak/JVR) and 3rd (Marleau, Kadri) lines, plus potentially another one on the 4th, and Komarov, Moore and Hyman who are 10+ goal scorers and Kapanen in the minors. There is nothing negative about that. We want to have a team that has offensively talent players with no business playing on a 4th line, playing on the 4th line. That is a great, positive thing. That is just having an advantage over other teams.

At any given time during last years playoffs the Pens had Guentzel, Hornqvist, Haggelin or Kunitz on the 4th line. That kind of depth is great.

And once JVR/Bozak walk you have two, very good players in Brown and Kapanen to step right in.

Nothing negative in this.

I have no idea how "its too bad Brown won't have better linemates" gets described as "crying" or "outcry".

Yes people, I know we have great depth. I'm very happy about it. We're just not getting as much out of Brown as we could be with Martin and Moore. Seems fair to say.

Last edited:
I agree.

Of the 3 players : Brown, Komarov and Hyman, I feel Brown is the most offensively talented. Yet he's stuck with Martin and Moore (at least to start the season) WHICH is really a waste of his offensive talent.

Well we would all love to have three guys as talented as Brown on the 4th line, but I guess we will have to settle for one, and maybe two if Kapanen forces his way in there. A guy like Brown makes a 4th line significantly better.

Martin-Moore-Brown is just a good 4th line. Its a good thing. If that is even how it plays out.

Last edited:
We can't run out the Burke-era 4th line composed of 3 chuds who basically dump it in and change. having a skill guy on there lets us keep the opponent honest and allows us to play the 4th more.

true, our 4th line looks better than Burke's typical Shutdown 3rd line.

Tim ****ing Brent.

Well we would all love to have three guys as talented as Brown on the 4th line, but I guess we will have to settle for one, and maybe two if Kapanen forces his way in there. A guy like Brown makes a 4th line significantly better.

Martin-Moore-Brown is just a good 4th line. Its a good thing. If that is even how it plays out.

I'm not sure we actually have to settle though, that's all.

[video=youtube;W9qc_-nLjRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qc_-nLjRY[/video]

Back