• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the NHL seriously just booked Kid Rock for the All Star game? Are these people not aware of his current standing socially and politically in the US? I am willing to bet he'll never make it to the game.

Did the NHL seriously just booked Kid Rock for the All Star game? Are these people not aware of his current standing socially and politically in the US? I am willing to bet he'll never make it to the game.
NHL says "YOU CAN PLAY".

"Locker rooms should be safe and sports venues should be free from homophobia. Athletes should be judged on talent, heart and work ethic, not sexual orientation and/or gender identity."

and then goes on to feature the outspoken anti LGBTQ Kid Rock as its main performer in the all Star festivities.

Downright pathetic and out of touch.

Pierre Mcguire is so awkward. I know what he meant this morning, but in talking about his prostate cancer he ended-up saying men and women should get prostate exams yearly. The man is good in 30 second segments.

Yep... that and goaltending will win you a bunch of games. And really... it could work in the playoffs too.

Yep... that and goaltending will win you a bunch of games. And really... it could work in the playoffs too.

Yeah, I think it does personally. Chicago & Pittsburgh went small and fast with their recent cup teams. Boston & LAK are the obvious counter arguments, but I think with the last 3 trending towards smaller and faster we can pretty comfortably call it a trend that can win in the playoffs.

The consensus though (including the opinion of our coach) is that heavy hockey wins in the playoffs.

Guys like that who are repeat offenders should get slapped hard

You're a star in the league now so act like it

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I don't get the arguments about the Cogliano suspension. Who cares if he is a good guy and worked really hard to not miss a game for 10 years. If he didn't want to be suspended he shouldn't have head shot-ed a player without the puck.

Good on Parros for not letting the old boys club interfere with the process.

He'll probably suspend Marchand. Marchand is by far the best at the "accidental" try to kill a guy.

I don't get the arguments about the Cogliano suspension. Who cares if he is a good guy and worked really hard to not miss a game for 10 years. If he didn't want to be suspended he shouldn't have head shot-ed a player without the puck.

He'll probably suspend Marchand. Marchand is by far the best at the "accidental" try to kill a guy.

For me it was Brown not being suspended as oppose to the Cogliano suspension. League is just way too inconsistent on these matters and they never really send a clear message that head shots won't be tolerated.

That should be a pretty decent suspension.

In the video, it looks like an obvious, intentional flying elbow to another player's head. And Marchand doesn't in any way deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I watched some of the BOS/NJD game last night, I really don't think it was intentional. I also agree that the league should err on the side of history on this one.

[video=youtube;v6_EGZJvOc4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6_EGZJvOc4[/video]

Last edited:
looks as intentional as it can get in the replay LGM posted.

Marchand had to deliberately change his body trajectory and STICK OUT his elbow to hit him. Don't know how that can be said to be accidental. Especially from a guy with a history of this kind of stuff.

I may have to see that Cogliano replay again... the angle I saw didn't look like anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back