• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the oldest of many cousins with a large age gap between oldest and youngest, so I've seen all of them born and as they grew up. And I had a ball. I'm eager to have my own.

Not sure I even see any point in marriage if not for kids.

Ya, If I wasn't going to have have kids I would have stayed single

Yeah, I've never had the least bit of desire to have them either. For the longest time, I figured that the desire to have them would kick in at some point, or at least my strong desire to never have them would soften somewhat, particularly if I met "the right person".

But the more years go by, the more certain I am that coming home from a long day at work and having to interact with a kid, or having a significant portion of my (and my significant other's) free time, money & energy siphoned off by a kid would be my own personal version of hell.

That's not to crap on other peoples choices, though. If you actually like kids, or have a sincere desire to raise some, I'm sure the good outweighs the bad.
I think once you settle into a life of no kids you get very comfortable and it's hard to do a 180 on your life. If a pregnancy occurs as a "surprise", you really have to do it and never look back. I never wanted kids so man have I ever been careful. I take naps on Saturdays and it is glorious.
I too wonder where the energy would come from after a long day. I also have no idea how my friends can afford having 2-3 kids. It' so expensive.

Jordan Osterle looks like he can legit play, been on fire for the Hawks over last 10 games or so.

Thrown away by the Oilers.
That's pretty funny. I guess the Oilers just didn't tender a qualifying offer to him? Kind of weird.

Looks like he's produced pretty well in the AHL the past couple of years, but he never got a real extended shot with the Oilers.

Just one more feather in Chiarelli's cap.

I have to say, it's been so satisfying to watch him get fully exposed in Edmonton as the fraud of a hockey executive he is. And it's been funny watching him make the media rounds in order to say over and over again that he's not planning to fire Todd McLellan---when it's plainly obvious to everyone that Chiarelli is the one who's job should be in jeopardy, not McLellan.

remember that guy who came on here trolling about awesome Chiarelli was, and how we were idiots for disagreeing?

haven't seen that guy in a while for some reason.

remember that guy who came on here trolling about awesome Chiarelli was, and how we were idiots for disagreeing?

haven't seen that guy in a while for some reason.
Yeah, funny isn't it? Prior to this season, that guy would always appear out of nowhere whenever anyone had anything critical to say about Chiarelli. This year though? Crickets.

I'm pretty sure I also remember him claiming that Jussi Jokinen was a better signing than Marleau.

With both Edmonton and Montreal basically being done would they not make decent trade partners?

Habs need an actual centre and Edmonton needs wingers?

An RNH for gally/Gallagher + deal just appears to make sense for both sides.

The Blackhawks have acquired Anthony Duclair and Adam Clendening from the Coyotes for Richard Panik and Laurent Dauphin.

The scary thing is, the Coyotees have so many first round picks in their lineup. Nothing has worked.
Chayka was just the young boy replacement when they could not get Dubas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back