• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Standings of Reality

I would like the Hawks or Zona to get him. I don't find the idea of him going to any of the other bottom teams to be terribly appealing...most being in our division.

Isles will have two chances to get him. They own Calgary's pick too. Classic Burke. Didn't protect the pick.
It's pretty amazing that Burke didn't learn his lesson after the Kessel trade.

Do the Isles really say "no" to that trade if Calgary does as little as put a top-2 or 3 lottery protection on that pick? Probably not.

For that reason, I kind of almost hope that the Isles win the lottery with Calgary's pick.

Flames fans are blaming treliving for the state of the team, not Burke as much, I'll trust them.

Smith has had a solid year.

Seems like Burke still believes in the Top 6/Bottom 6. Frolik, Stajan, Brower, Hathaway, Lazar, Jankowski are all regulars. They have a handful of good players, but thats it.

Sure, but I think its more than fair to blame treliving for that debacle.
Burke is in the same role in Calgary as Shanahan is here in Toronto.

He may not be handling the day-to-day GM duties, but when it comes to hockey ops, the buck stops with him in the end. So, if he didn't give Treliving the benefit of his own personal experience, and make sure that Treliving didn't have the option to trade away 1st round picks with no lottery protection whatsoever, that's still on him in the end.

And it's not like you can even argue that Burke was completely removed from this deal either. It happened on draft day, with Burke right there at the table with Treliving.

there but for the grace of God.

our genius gm was apparently in hard on Hamonic too.

Poor goaltending assessment again? That's all Burke

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Smith hasn't been bad for them at all this year, and his puck moving is ****ing ridiculous, it's like having a 3rd defender back there. I'd rather have Smith making a breakout pass than Polak, Hainsey, or Zaitsev.

he sure doesn't listen to Leafs fans...

I do actually.

I trust that babcock pits too much trust in plugs like hunwick, polak, I trust that komarov shouldn't see PP time, that Zack Hyman has stone hands and shouldn't be attached to Matthews hip and that dermott is the real deal.

Same way I trust flame fans that treliving is running the show.

he sure doesn't listen to Leafs fans...

I do actually.

I trust that babcock puts too much trust in plugs like hunwick, polak, I trust that komarov shouldn't see PP time, that Zack Hyman has stone hands and shouldn't be attached to Matthews hip and that dermott is the real deal.

I do actually.

I trust that babcock pits too much trust in plugs like hunwick, polak, I trust that komarov shouldn't see PP time, that Zack Hyman has stone hands and shouldn't be attached to Matthews hip and that dermott is the real deal.

we're flattered

Back