• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2018

They're pretty good at signing undrafted UFAs (Johnson and Gourde for example). Even Palat was basically that as they traded for one of the very last pick of the draft to get him and he was 20 at the time of the draft.

talking about the draft only though

when I looked at it.....not as impressive as i thought it would be

Let’s not forget that Tampa goes through periods of being bottom feeders which allows them to draft top 5 talents like Vinny, Stamkos, Hedman....heck they drafted Drouin #3 and got Sergachev out of it

When was the last time we had the chance to draft such pure talent ?

2012 , 2016 , 2018 ( unless they fak it up )

Is that the answer?

seems like he just had his one good draft as well...his first draft

2011 - great draft
Palat in the 7th
Kucherov in the second is obviously a massive win
Namestnikov (first round) is decent but i think he is leeching off of kucherov and stamkos

2012 - okay draft
With 2 first and 2 seconds he only managed to get Vasilevskiy

2013 - bad draft - high expectations when you pick third overall
Drouin at third overall was okay - Monahan, Horvat, Jones, Domi would have all been better - but not a big miss
Nothing else drafted

2014 - decent
Point in the third round
not much else yet

2015 - unknown
i do not see anything here - no first rounder to use but a lot of other draft picks

2016 - good but still unknown
howden and hajek are good IMO

2017 - unknown
foote looks great

maybe that is the best out there but it puts into perspective just how hard it is to draft
if we are stealing him i want to take the entire development and scouting staff lol

2012 : Vasilevski

Vasilevski is playing like a top 3 goaltender in the world right now.
This pick only makes it a great draft.

2013 : Drouin
Maybe not a great draft, but getting a talented top 6 forward like Drouin would make this draft better than “bad” IMO

2014 : Point
Point in the 3rd round.
Brayden Point is one hell of a player.

I would think that if you can draft 1 impact player per draft, you are doing a good job.

Tampa Bay are consistent in the type of players they draft: Skills and IQ.

They also consistently pick players who makes Team Canada Junior.

#Identity

2012 : Vasilevski

Vasilevski is playing like a top 3 goaltender in the world right now.
This pick only makes it a great draft.

2013 : Drouin
Maybe not a great draft, but getting a talented top 6 forward like Drouin would make this draft better than “bad” IMO

2014 : Point
Point in the 3rd round.
Brayden Point is one hell of a player.

I would think that if you can draft 1 impact player per draft, you are doing a good job.
I'm comparing him to timmins.
Not much better.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

they find and develop a hell of a lot better than our douches
Not really - like TTs 2007 draft, TBay had an exceptional 2011 draft focusing on skill & speed rather than size & were also able to sign Tyler Johnson who Gauthier & TT chased as undrafted UFA but were unable to convince to sign with Habs vs TBay.

Since 2012 both draft records are similar, although Brayden Point would look mighty nice in a Habs uni at C....

Not really - like TTs 2007 draft, TBay had an exceptional 2011 draft focusing on skill & speed rather than size & were also able to sign Tyler Johnson who Gauthier & TT chased as undrafted UFA but were unable to convince to sign with Habs vs TBay.

Since 2012 both draft records are similar, although Brayden Point would look mighty nice in a Habs uni at C....

Kucherov , Point , Gourde, TJ, Kilhorn , Palat with the up an coming Cirelli , Raddysh and Koutch is EXCEPTIONAL as you can get from a regime without a first round pick .

Not to mention who they traded to get RM , thats top shelf development .

Our clowns cant do this in 2 decades if they fell on their lap in a 3 team league . I would triple their key decision maker salaries and bring them on board in a second.

Kucherov , Point , Gourde, TJ, Kilhorn , Palat with the up an coming Cirelli , Raddysh and Koutch is EXCEPTIONAL as you can get from a regime without a first round pick .

Not to mention who they traded to get RM , thats top shelf development .

Our clowns cant do this in 2 decades if they fell on their lap in a 3 team league . I would triple their key decision maker salaries and bring them on board in a second.
Kilhorn was drafted on 2007 under a previous regime & spent 4-years at Harvard developing as LL should’ve..

As I previously mentioned Namestnikov, Kucherov & Palat were 2011 picks. Similar to Habs 2007 of McDonogh, Pacioretty, Subban.

Also as mentioned Habs went after TJ as UFA he wanted to stay in the US post WHL.

Let Cirelli , Raddysh and Koutch actually prove something at the NHL level before claiming their greatness.

My point stands since 2012 the amateur drafting records are not much different - the big difference is the Habs never had the luxury to draft two generational talents at #1 overall which is the game changer - both Stamkos & Hedman from previous regimes..

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008385.html

Last edited:
Kilhorn was drafted on 2007 under a previous regime & spent 4-years at Harvard developing as LL should’ve..

As I previously mentioned Namestnikov, Kucherov & Palat were 2011 picks. Similar to Habs 2007 of McDonogh, Pacioretty, Subban.

Also as mentioned Habs went after TJ as UFA he wanted to stay in the US post WHL.

Let Cirelli , Raddysh and Koutch actually prove something at the NHL level before claiming their greatness.

My point stands since 2012 the amateur drafting records are not much different - the big difference is the Habs never had the luxury to draft two generational talents at #1 overall which is the game changer - both Stamkos & Hedman from previous regimes..

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00008385.html

Regardless what draft they came from or us missing 2 generational top picks , the point stands that top 9 minus Stammer is tremendous without a first rounder .

Our clowns cant do that Sal , not a chance with this regime . We had to pouch retreads and waiver fillers just to fill a roster cause we cant develop a chia pet if we gave it water .

Kucherov is the game changer in that lineup. Complete steal. One of the best players in the league and makes everyone around him better. Paired with Stamkos and it's lethal. Point was a nice grab as well.

If we don't end up drafting in the top 4, we will be stuck drafting a dmen...and probably not a great one

Right now, we are drafting 5th....and teams like Vancouver and Detroit have lost 4 straight, and their records has been worst than ours in past 10 games.

So unless we win the lottery, we are looking at drafting #5-6 spot, so a dmen.

Dahlin, then 3 forwards, then 4 dmen....that's pretty much the consensus rankings according to most scouts

This awful year would have been all for nothing.....

Quinn Hughes is a damn good Dman expected to go between 5-8 per the pundits - only because of his smaller stature.

BTW most years are pretty terrible to go “all for nothing” - that’s why u have generational players.

and none of the forwards are centres anyway

Dmen seem to be the only thing the habs are good at anyway

Back