• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Galchenyuk traded for Domi

This regime blows. They treat people like Trump treats people. Impeach 17! Impeach 17!

They can play him at centre but his defensive game will be terrible. Perhaps they can live with that.

Useless thought I suppose, but I cannot help but wonder how my choice Patrick Roy would have handled talented guys who didn't fit the mold had he been invited to take the GM job instead of Bergevin initially? Given that Roy was one himself, and did quite well in junior with such players.....maybe in Colorado too, not sure. Bergevin on the other hand appears to dislike talent,maybe because he had little himself....I suspect also having a father who played during Bergevin's time is also a big plus in his eyes.
Well, when I asked him if he'd have traded Subban for Weber he said "not in a million years."

And watch as Arizona plays him at center, tells him to focus on scoring goals, stick a defensively responsible player to babysit him and have him develop into a dangerous 30 goal scorer.

This has that everything MB touches turns to shit written all over it, but you know what? That's ok. Next few drafts look pretty good.

Not defending MB by any means but I don't get how AG "turned to shit" he scored 30 goals here and has been productive.

Why is he not as highly regarded around the league by other GMs as claimed by a few sources like Lebrun, Mckenzie, Gagnon? Why wasn't he picked to play in the World Cup team after a 30 goal season?

There's some perception around the league about AG that we as Hab fans may not see because well we're Habs fans and think our players are worth more than we think.

Not defending MB by any means but I don't get how AG "turned to shit" he scored 30 goals here and has been productive.

Why is he not as highly regarded around the league by other GMs as claimed by a few sources like Lebrun, Mckenzie, Gagnon? Why wasn't he picked to play in the World Cup team after a 30 goal season?

There's some perception around the league about AG that we as Hab fans may not see because well we're Habs fans and think our players are worth more than we think.

The issue is we wait til the shit hits the fan . You dont like 27 fine .....move him when he scored 30 goals.

I think this article puts a lot in perspective.

I can agree with some of Mathias Brunet's points but some less.

I think in the end there are people that are being far too dramatic on the trade of AG, in the edn it just seems like a swap of two talented young forward who needed a change of scenary

I find it laughable that people are putting it in the same category as the Roy, Chelios or Subban trades.

Those guys are all stars and AG is nothing more than a top six forward

Last edited:
The issue is we wait til the shit hits the fan . You dont like 27 fine .....move him when he scored 30 goals.

I have to think that MB also regarded AG very highly and maybe did try and trade him but the offers weren't there.

More perspective...why didn't he make that team NA at the world cup after a 30 goal season?

As Mathias Brunet mentions in his article we may have all over valued what AG is really worth.

meh

old skool hockey ppl also picked weber over subban
old skool hockey ppl also messed up with vegas big time

I think this article puts a lot in perspective.

I can agree with some of Mathias Brunet's points but some less.

I think in the end there are people that are being far too dramatic on the trade of AG, in the edn it just seems like a swap of two talented young forward who needed a change of scenary

I find it laughable that people are putting it in the same category as the Roy, Chelios or Subban trades.

Those guys are all stars and AG is nothing more than a top six forward

so more like Leclair? :p

Everything turns to shit meaning every player traded away blossoms, every player brought doesn't do as well as the one traded away.

In this case, everything turns to shit means galchenyuk scores 30 goals next season, Domi scores 15.

Yep. They should be moving Gallagher right now.

But they will only trade him if his shooting % goes down and his value as well.

Buy low, sell high.

Yep. They should be moving Gallagher right now.

But they will only trade him if his shooting % goes down and his value as well.

Buy low, sell high.
They should be moving Byron.

That guys game is build 90 percent on speed, and he's approaching 30. How long will that speed last?

They should be moving Byron.

That guys game is build 90 percent on speed, and he's approaching 30. How long will that speed last?
With a proper rebuild? They should but I cannot see him having much value.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Everything turns to shit meaning every player traded away blossoms, every player brought doesn't do as well as the one traded away.

In this case, everything turns to shit means galchenyuk scores 30 goals next season, Domi scores 15.

Domi is not a goal scorer, they are two very different players.

Personally, I would have liked to keep the natural goal scorer over the playmaker, that's my opinion, we need finishers.

But I don't think we lost this trade in terms of asset value, we got an equally talented young player with a different skill set.

There's actually several people saying that Domi may actually blossom in a new environment.

Domi is not a goal scorer, they are two very different players.

Personally, I would have liked to keep the natural goal scorer over the playmaker, that's my opinion, we need finishers.

But I don't think we lost this trade in terms of asset value, we got an equally talented young player with a different skill set.

There's actually several people saying that Domi may actually blossom in a new environment.
True, ok, in this case everything turns to shit would be Galchenyuk going 30gls, 30 ast, 60 pts, while Domi goes 15 gls, 30 ast, 45 pts.

Those same people said that Subban would not do well in Nashville. Or that Sergachev was a unproven asset that wouldn't amount to anything.

I'm done listening to people.

True, ok, in this case everything turns to shit would be Galchenyuk going 30gls, 30 ast, 60 pts, while Domi goes 15 gls, 30 ast, 45 pts.

Those same people said that Subban would not do well in Nashville. Or that Sergachev was a unproven asset that wouldn't amount to anything.

I'm done listening to people.

ya
the record of MB says this will not turn out for us

Renaud Lavoie now saying that there was originally a three way player deal in discussion. Kessel to Arizona, Domi to Montreal and Galchenyuk to Pittsburgh, but Pittsburgh wanted more for Kessel.

Back