• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

You guys are hilarious... Thanks guys. Listen, I don't like Shatkins, they definitely have the feel of funeral directors, versus the wild all in style of AA(after he carefully built the system) but I can see basically what they are doing.

Bottom, bottom line, they feel, as I sorta do, that our team that narrowly lost to the Royals, was the team to really bring it.

I get that they like to sign cheaper guys. I know that angers a lot of people that have seen such great teams.

But they correctly didn't kowtow to our greatest Jay of all time, Jose Bautista. Imagine if they had signed him for five or six years at 20 million per? To join Tulo in Robidas Island?

I think Gibby is going to provide us with an interesting year. I think Bichetter and Vladdy are just unbelievable hitters. I would love to see one or both of them up at some point. A la Willy and Auston, for the Buds.

Lets see how Sanchez pitches tonight. Him? Osuna? Two possible monsters.

I see things few see, ahead of time, SOME of the time. I am not calling first place, not even second, but I am calling a competitive team. A team that might plump up the attendance numbers more than most expect.

Damn, my first mid sentence teeder capitalize.

He's been bad. I wonder how big a leash they'll give him. How is Teoscar Doing?

The funny thing is Teoscar is the same guy, boat loads of power, boat loads of K's. Good defence.

Replacing him with Hernandez isn't the answer, but he clearly shouldn't necessarily be in there everyday. I'd like to see Solarte or Pearce steal some PA's perhaps.

Lets play a hypothetical for a sec:

Say this hot start from Diaz is a real thing and he is able to replicate his 2016. When Tulo is healthy who starts?

Lets play a hypothetical for a sec:

Say this hot start from Diaz is a real thing and he is able to replicate his 2016. When Tulo is healthy who starts?

It's likely not real.

Anyways, i'm more worried about OF. I see little to no offence out there.

Last edited:
Of current active rosters, totals while playing the OF:

TOR As OF 2018: 113wrc+
TOR As OF 2017: 99wrc+
TOR As OF 2016: 111wrc+
TOR As OF 17-18: 100wrc+ (-3.6def, 2.0war650)
TOR as OF 16-18: 105wrc+ (+19.5def, 2.6war650)

BOS As OF 2018: 92wrc+
BOS As OF 2017: 102wrc+
BOS As OF 2016: 114wrc+
BOS As OF 17-18: 102wrc+ (-1.4def, 2.4war650)
BOS As OF 16-18: 107wrc+ (-15.5def, 2.9war650)

Last edited:
It's fair to consider Smoak a Shatkins guy considering they were the ones that gave him an extension and everyday PA while everyone else in the city wanted them crucified for even considering the notion of bringing him back as a platoon bat.

Ya, but AA acquired him and even made a somewhat big deal (conference call) of it. Shatkins just re-upped him cause he was cheap and he knew he wanted Edwin gone.

The funny thing is Teoscar is the same guy, boat loads of power, boat loads of K's. Good defence.

Replacing him with Hernandez isn't the answer, but he clearly shouldn't necessarily be in there everyday. I'd like to see Solarte or Pearce steal some PA's perhaps.

Before the game I was convinced that Solatre was going to start in the OF, and Grichuk on the bench as a "rest day".

Of current active rosters, totals while playing the OF:

TOR As OF 2018: 113wrc+
TOR As OF 2017: 99wrc+
TOR As OF 2016: 111wrc+
TOR As OF 17-18: 100wrc+ (-3.6def, 2.0war650)
TOR as OF 16-18: 105wrc+ (+19.5def, 2.6war650)

BOS As OF 2018: 92wrc+
BOS As OF 2017: 102wrc+
BOS As OF 2016: 114wrc+
BOS As OF 17-18: 102wrc+ (-1.4def, 2.4war650)
BOS As OF 16-18: 107wrc+ (-15.5def, 2.9war650)

Pillar and Granderson won't keep this up.

Grichuk eh. He might suck.

Not sure yet.

There is no real reason to believe he's worse than what he was as a Cardinal, but it's certainly up in the air if there is anything more to him that warrants everyday playing time.

This front office seems to really value hard contact rate and barrelled bats as seen with their infatuation with Morales, Teoscar and Grichuk, regardless of the negatives that comes with it, being ground balls into shifts, heavy k's and or no walks.

That said, Smoak was the same sort, and he figured something out

Back