• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

0 for October

Francis is going to really need to get Staal, Semin and Ward playing good hockey. He has to get SOMETHING in return for at least two of them. I think he'd be lucky to get more than a rusted Pinto muffler out of Ward at this point. Semin and Staal are going to have to get hot for several games though.

Francis is going to really need to get Staal, Semin and Ward playing good hockey. He has to get SOMETHING in return for at least two of them. I think he'd be lucky to get more than a rusted Pinto muffler out of Ward at this point. Semin and Staal are going to have to get hot for several games though.

Yeah ... good freaking luck with that. Based on early results, Staal looks like the only one who actually even cares a little. Semin is completely checked out and Ward is so deep in a funk it takes his navigation system working at max efficiency to get him to the rink for practice. Not that Staal's doing much either, but at least he has the good grace to looked pained while accomplishing nothing. Poor Tlusty showed up ready to rock this year. Shame his linemates are costing him money like they enjoy it.

Staal, Tlusty and Semin need each other. Maybe once the 3 of them have a few games together, they can start scoring and racking up points.

Murphy and Sutter sent back to Cherkers today. Looks like Murphy is going to turn out to be a bust, the way this is going. If he can't crack THIS roster, he's not going to crack ANY roster. I'm guess it's about money, and the Canes having a week off between games. If they think he's worse than half of that blueline, then he's a bust.

Cherkers don't play until Friday, so it's not like they'll be playing a couple of games there before the Canes next game. It also allowed them to release center Mike Ariani from his PTO and send him back to the Everblades. Cherkers only had 12 forwards on the roster with him.

I thought we were going nowhere going IN to training camp. I heard some optimism, left room for the little changes to perhaps surprise, but I ain't at all surprised.

IMO is't not so much that Murphy is a bust as it is that the Canes never should have drafted an offense-only defenseman and then rushed him to the NHL with NOT A SINGLE SOUL to pair him with. Seriously. Stupid doesn't even cover it. Send him the Charlotte, KEEP HIM THERE, let him get his confidence back and produce some points ... and then for the love of Gordy Howe move the guy to a club where he can grow into an NHL player.

We had our shot and seem to have broken the kid. Congrats. That's why we can't have nice things.

IMO is't not so much that Murphy is a bust as it is that the Canes never should have drafted an offense-only defenseman and then rushed him to the NHL with NOT A SINGLE SOUL to pair him with. Seriously. Stupid doesn't even cover it. Send him the Charlotte, KEEP HIM THERE, let him get his confidence back and produce some points ... and then for the love of Gordy Howe move the guy to a club where he can grow into an NHL player.

We had our shot and seem to have broken the kid. Congrats. That's why we can't have nice things.

Sounds like the same development track as Jake Gardiner...

I at least appreciate that fact that Francis is publically stating that he isn't keen on making trades where we simply take on another overpaid/underachieving player for one of our overpaid/underachieving players. He's right that trades like that will do very little to improve this team in the short or long term. You can do a dump trade of Semin, but the other team is going to want to dump some of their dreck back onto us. That doesn't help. If that is all that is out there so far in terms of trade offers Francis is right to stand pat for now and just let things ride for a while. Frankly if Semin doesn't wake up we are effectively screwed because no one is going to want him at all, even for their own crap. At least teams would be willing to trade for Eric Staal and give us some sort of value back.

I at least appreciate that fact that Francis is publically stating that he isn't keen on making trades where we simply take on another overpaid/underachieving player for one of our overpaid/underachieving players. He's right that trades like that will do very little to improve this team in the short or long term. You can do a dump trade of Semin, but the other team is going to want to dump some of their dreck back onto us. That doesn't help. If that is all that is out there so far in terms of trade offers Francis is right to stand pat for now and just let things ride for a while. Frankly if Semin doesn't wake up we are effectively screwed because no one is going to want him at all, even for their own crap. At least teams would be willing to trade for Eric Staal and give us some sort of value back.

Best dump trade ever- Tomas Kaberke for Jaro Spacek. We will never see that again.

Back