• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Auston Matthews certainly didn't seem particularly excited there. I think he would have had the exact same reaction if the guy had said, "Auston, I'm going to take a sip of water from my cup here. What do you think?"
Unless Arizona won the lottery, I think it's a fair bet his reaction would have been the same for pretty much any team.

Van Riemsdyk - A. Matthews - S. Stamkos
M. Marner - M. Nylander - A. Johnson
P.A. Parenteau - N. Kadri - C. Brown
L. Komarov - P. Holland - B. Leipsic

Unless Arizona won the lottery, I think it's a fair bet his reaction would have been the same for pretty much any team.
Its possible he may have just wanted to play for an American team too. Hard to read. Regardless, once he worshipped in TO he'll get over it

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 2m2 minutes ago
The final ball drawn for the #leafs to secure the No. 1 pick was No. 13.

Congrats LeafNation. You guys have certainly paid your dues.

Not reading much into Matthews reaction or lack thereof. It was 3am there and he knew it was high likely he was going to Canada so it's not like he shocked.

Much like McDavid I'm sure he hoped for Arizona but I doubt he is disappointed going to a team that should be on the rise real soon

He gets a chance to play with some really talented guys for a long time

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I wonder how much the ratings dropped as soon as the puck dropped? I was flirting with the idea of watching the game but then I heard Healy's voice and hit the remote.

He didn't seem to like playing wing with Tampa, and you've pretty much got your top centres set for the next while. You can obviously still shift other guys to the wing, but certainly muddied the waters a bit.

Although unfortunately for Stamkos, the team which might give him the best offer other than the Leafs is Buffalo. He might not have a great shot at being a centre on a team he wants to be on.

Back