• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Yeah, I like those lines. Turbo is gonna need to keep cooking for that mix to work, but it's a nice place to start.

PP units from Ryan Henkel

PP1: Burns, Aho, Teravainen, Guentzel, Jarvis

PP2: Skjei, Necas, Kuznetsov, Svechnikov, Noesen

PP units from Ryan Henkel

PP1: Burns, Aho, Teravainen, Guentzel, Jarvis

PP2: Skjei, Necas, Kuznetsov, Svechnikov, Noesen
I hope Roddy would be open to working Drury back into PP2 at some point. He's not as physical as Noesen in front of the net, but he's shifty and better at retrieving loose puck along the wall. Noesen hasn't really been dropping those tips lately either.

The rain forecast for Saturday has been pushed back to more around 9 PM
Oh cool. We can wait an hour or so in the rain to get out of the parking lots.

Annual reminder ... Game 1 is ALWAYS a nightmare both getting into and out of the lots as the parking staff will do their annual "let's try new stuff for the playoffs" nonsense.

The playoff schedules are set. We go Saturday/Monday/Thursday/Saturday for the first 4 games.

Carolina Hurricanes (2M) vs. New York Islanders (3M)​

Game 1: Islanders at Hurricanes -- Saturday, 5 p.m. ET (TBS, truTV, MAX, SN360, TVAS, MSGSN, BSSO, SNW, SNE, SNP)
Game 2: Islanders at Hurricanes -- April 22, 7:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2, SN360, TVAS)
Game 3: Hurricanes at Islanders -- April 25, 7:30 p.m. ET (ESPN2, SN360, TVAS)
Game 4: Hurricanes at Islanders -- April 27, 2 p.m. ET (TBS, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
Game 5: Islanders at Hurricanes -- April 30, TBD
Game 6: Hurricanes at Islanders -- May 2, TBD
Game 7: Islanders at Hurricanes -- May 4, TBD

The Triangle Business Journal had a story this morning about Jake Guentzel selling his home in Pittsburgh to Bryan Rust. While that puts a damper on the idea that the Pens could resign Guentzel when he becomes a UFA at the end of the season, the article rightly points out that Jake will likely be able to afford a more expensive home when he signs a new deal.

The Triangle Business Journal had a story this morning about Jake Guentzel selling his home in Pittsburgh to Bryan Rust. While that puts a damper on the idea that the Pens could resign Guentzel when he becomes a UFA at the end of the season, the article rightly points out that Jake will likely be able to afford a more expensive home when he signs a new deal.
I really doubt that Guentzel ends up back in Pittsburgh. He'll either want to be on a contender or to get a big dollar/max term deal and he's getting neither of those things from the Pens. They don't have the roster structure to compete for anything fancier than a wildcard spot and have too much money tied up in old stars and junk ($10 mil combo hit for Rick Rakell and Reilly Smith!) for them to give him a big deal.

Lines at practice. Drury and KK swapped spots, not other changes, still no Fast.

Guentzel - Aho - Jarvis
Teravainen - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Svechnikov
Drury - Kuznetsov - Noesen (Lemieux)

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - Chatfield
Morrow - DeAngelo

Back