• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

That's the thing. If you root for any Canadian team you hate another Canadian team. GGpX hates Vancouver. Count and I also hate them. I hate the Leafs. Sens fans are rooting against them too. Flames fans are rooting for LA to beat Edmonton.

If we're not winning, I'm rooting for specific teams to lose. After that, don't care who wins, just want entertaining games.

My worst moment as a hockey fan? The Vancouver-Bawstun finals. The next worst case scenario? Playing Vancouver in the finals and losing to them.

God, I'd need to check into rehab if that happened.

In the old days (real old days), cheering for another Canadian team other than the Habs meant cheering for the Leafs. So if the Habs were eliminated and Leafs still in (rare), you automatically cheered for a U.S. team to beat the Leafs. Leafs fans did the same in reverse.

So those of us who started watching hockey in those days tend to not pay much attention to borders, even now. I am not a big fan of Cups going regularly to the deep south, but it beats the greater evil of Toronto winning.

That's the thing. If you root for any Canadian team you hate another Canadian team. GGpX hates Vancouver. Count and I also hate them. I hate the Leafs. Sens fans are rooting against them too. Flames fans are rooting for LA to beat Edmonton.
I don’t care at this point, I’m rooting for any Canadian team. Even the Leafs. Vancouver is not my favorite but i have no ill feelings against that franchise.

If we're not winning, I'm rooting for specific teams to lose. After that, don't care who wins, just want entertaining games.

My worst moment as a hockey fan? The Vancouver-Bawstun finals. The next worst case scenario? Playing Vancouver in the finals and losing to them.

God, I'd need to check into rehab if that happened.
I had zero issues with the Bruins winning in 2011. I was even kind of glad in retrospect that they beat us in the first round because any other Eastern Conference team likely would have lost to the Canucks. A Vancouver championship was a waaay worse prospect than the Bruins winning it.

What I find interesting is how they gave Newhook away for futures, then gave a contract at a similar AAV to Colton Ross and then signed Miles fucking Wood.

I wonder if they were spooked by the Ghost of Tyson Jost (that rhymes!) Another BC Jr A guy who didn’t automatically turn into Paul Kariya and they decided to dump him for picks before he turned into a pumpkin.

Metaphors, mixed.

And naturally Reaves was the goat on that play. I warned Leafs fan the day he was signed that dressing him for playoff games would be suicidal.

Back