• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Alex Galchenyuk's Off-Season Work

Yeah... I've been paying attention on Twitter. He is a beast. The tire tossing clip was impressive.

As long as he's used properly, he should be okay. However, given the bias Therrien has shown against him in the past I'm not optimistic that he'll be able to supplant a 'healthy' Desharnais.

As dumb as it was in the past to limit his ice time so much, it would be absolutely unforgivable to not use Galchenyuk as the #1 option 5 on 5 and on the PP now.

As dumb as it was in the past to limit his ice time so much, it would be absolutely unforgivable to not use Galchenyuk as the #1 option 5 on 5 and on the PP now.

I expect a to 20 point producer this year unless douche bag plays his lover ahead of him

Exactly. Seeing that Therrien probably feels he's invincible, I have no doubt that he'll put Desharnais back with Max, he can't help it.

Seeing as galchenyuk had more Toi/game and ppToi/game than desharnais i dont understand the compliants.

He already was used more than desharnais last year, even before dd got hurt.

Seeing as galchenyuk had more Toi/game and ppToi/game than desharnais i dont understand the compliants.

Because it took DD getting injured for him to (finally) get a shot centering the top line?

He already was used more than desharnais last year, even before dd got hurt.

No, he wasn't. He was averaging less than 15 minutes of icetime per game.

Galchenyuk only started getting more ice time after getting the top line center position. Prior to that, Galchenyuk had less average TOI than the 2014-2015 season.

And even with the big bump in icetime, Galchenyuk only averages 16 more seconds in icetime than Desharnais.

I don't think it's a debate anymore.

I think we can rest assured that AG is the #1 center.

Desharnais centred the third line for over half the year. Galchenyuk the 2nd.

Even when desharnais played a few weeks with max... galchenyuk was on pleks wing getting pretty much the same ice time (and that was a short stretch.. maybe 15 games).

Overall he was ahead when dd got hurt (by a little) and then was even further ahead when he got back

As well in number of shifts per game... galchenyuk was significantly ahead. Part of the reason being that dd was more likely to have a really long shift when he got pinned in his own end

Chucky played the bulk of his shifts with Lars Eller and its not even close. He was saddled with humps like Eller, Andrighetto, and Semin for most of the year.

DD is a joke. No amount of stat analysis/twisting will convince me otherwise. The eye test is ALL you need with him. He dissapears for LONG stretches, can't shoot, hit, play D. He can pass... to Max. That's it.

Chucky is 7 YEARS YOUNGER and had more goals and only 2 points less than DD in '14/15. That was with less TOI and opportunity. Based on that alone, HOW... HOW... does that little WART get basically the SAME TOI and shifts P/G?!

He makes way too much money, and his coach plays him way too much. That is that.

Chucky played the bulk of his shifts with Lars Eller and its not even close. He was saddled with humps like Eller, Andrighetto, and Semin for most of the year.

DD is a joke. No amount of stat analysis/twisting will convince me otherwise. The eye test is ALL you need with him. He dissapears for LONG stretches, can't shoot, hit, play D. He can pass... to Max. That's it.

Chucky is 7 YEARS YOUNGER and had more goals and only 2 points less than DD in '14/15. That was with less TOI and opportunity. Based on that alone, HOW... HOW... does that little WART get basically the SAME TOI and shifts P/G?!

He makes way too much money, and his coach plays him way too much. That is that.

And I'd be surprised if DD made the roster for game 1 - IMO he'll be dealt or waived prior to end of training camp.

When galchenyuk was with eller (through end of december/early january) dd was with fleischmann and weise. Max was with plek.

When dd went with max.... chucky went to pleks line.

Look it up if you want but this is accurate

Back