• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Around The League: 2016 Offseason

Kane also played some good hockey, without getting into any trouble, in Atl while Dudley was GM. Also having the BC posse now ruling the Habs room, should only help with a stray BC cat like Kane.

Last edited:
Re: Around The League: 2016 Offseason

Can Farnham score 25-30 goals and play on the top six?

Look, if Kane wasn't a reprobate he would never be available or it would cost an arm and a leg to get him. This is a classic buy low opportunity. It's like Radulov. Kane is the equivalent of found money. Just put him in a small room with Shea Weber for an hour and he'll be sorted out.

Oh wait, I forgot. He's black so Therrien already dislikes him.

Yeah, they get rid of Subban for thinking he's above the team (which I still doubt) and then they'll get Kane?

Nuts

Even if Kane was a lock for 50 goals a year the Habs wouldn't touch him. They are far more concerned with protecting their corporate brand than winning.

The problem is kane isnt even a lock for 25-30. Not based on the last few years. The off ice shit is effecting him on ice as he has talent to do more no doubt

I think you and me were in the same boat. I value Gallagher very highly.

The only thing I had wrong was calling Kane the better player. Now I think it's pretty clear that Gallagher's better.

One of the reasons I wanted Gallagher over Kane was his contract & his future caphit. I thought he'd have slightly inferior production, while having a much more cheaper contract.

I've liked Gallagher for a long time, and I think I even talked to you about him vs Kristo few years ago. Gallagher always had those hurdles that he had to overcome to make it. He's tiny, had to overcome that. His skating when we drafted him was decent at best, had to overcome that. That combination in of itself is almost always the sure signs of a player with no NHL future. A small player who isn't a great skater. Gallagher always had huge heart, great conditioning (his father's the head trainer for the Vancouver Giants, so he's been raised by someone who knows his stuff) and tremendous skill. I just thought he'd need some time to make his mark in the pro ranks.

Gallagher's always exceeded my expectations of him.

Last edited:

Gallagher has heart. He's a Darcy Tucker type player. You don't get rid of him unless the deal is crazy good.

Back