• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

I wonder if Dave Nonis will still be a part of the Leafs franchise when the NHL resumes play after the ASG? Someone else needs to take the fall since firing the coach hasn't changed anything and I doubt Shanahan wants Nonis to start the rebuild project that lies ahead.

I don't think Shanahan does anything until the season ends; I think he'll fire Nonis the second the final game is done.

Because the thing with Leafs management is, none of them have any experience in NHL management except Nonis. Dubas is green, Shanahan is new to this, Mark Hunter is new to NHL managing even though he's done it in the OHL for a while... I think once the season is done, he'll do a thorough search for a replacement/puppet to do his bidding.

B76ncXoIIAIWxGs.jpg

Give those kids an A for creativity...

I don't think Shanahan does anything until the season ends; I think he'll fire Nonis the second the final game is done.

Because the thing with Leafs management is, none of them have any experience in NHL management except Nonis. Dubas is green, Shanahan is new to this, Mark Hunter is new to NHL managing even though he's done it in the OHL for a while... I think once the season is done, he'll do a thorough search for a replacement/puppet to do his bidding.

I agree.

I'd rather he rest but yeah I don't know how you could ignore the5th best scorer in the NHL.

On top of that I don't think it's fair to spring being a replacement on a player at this point while he's on his way to Florida or Vegas

Should be our 67, even if he's not a center. Just saying.

Yep, I'm sure Pacioretty will be considered.

They also need to cancel the entire "voting" portion of the Allstars. Seriously, 5 of the first 6 rosters are from the Hawks. 3 of them should not even be close to be invited, Seabrook being the worst and he is stealing's Subban's place for sure.

My issue isn't with voting but how the NHL discounted our votes when we stuffed the ballot box in 2009 but won't cut off voting for other teams.

Yep, I'm sure Pacioretty will be considered.

They also need to cancel the entire "voting" portion of the Allstars. Seriously, 5 of the first 6 rosters are from the Hawks. 3 of them should not even be close to be invited, Seabrook being the worst and he is stealing's Subban's place for sure.

That or the voting should be limited to elect only one player per team, the guy with the most vote. After that it skips the player on that team and goes to the next player with the most votes from a different team.

Bobrovsky will also miss the All-Star Game after suffering an injury last night.

Brian Elliott has been named as his replacement.

Last edited:

Pittsburgh Penguins
#Pens forward Sidney Crosby will miss the 2015 NHL All-Star Game due to a lower-body injury.

The Pens are smart. They're resting their star players rather than make them go to the meaningless all star game, an event that should be either moved to the off-season or discontinued altogether. It serves no useful purpose and as for growing the game among non-traditional fans it's still BS because the hockey they play at the all star game bears little resemblance to how the game is actually played on a day to day basis.

I'm glad Max and PK were snubbed. Too bad Price still has to go. I'd just as soon send Malhotra instead.

Back