• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Jose must have wanted to cut salary.

Boedker + Bergman for a 2nd, 4th and 5th doesn't seem like a slam dunk to me.

Cmon. Boedker was a healthy scratch and Bergman’s numbers have actually declined in the AHL as a 23 yr old. 3 picks and $4 million in cap space for a deep UFA pool is a slam dunk.

Chris Johnston:
Dale Tallon says Ottawa contacted him last week about acquiring Mike Hoffman but the price was too high. Then San Jose phoned him last night.

Bruce Garrioch:
Tallon said he didn't offer the package to Ottawa that he gave to San Jose.

Last 2yrs ES

Boedker: B qoc, 1.64p/60, 1.22p1/60, -3.4cfrel, -2.4xgfrel
Galchenyuk: B- woc, 1.67p/60, 1.32p1/60, -2.3cfrel, -6.1xgfrel

San Jose must have wanted to cut salary.

Boedker + Bergman for a 2nd, 4th and 5th doesn't seem like a slam dunk to me.
It guess it all comes down to what kind of prospect Bergman is.

Because shedding a 30-point winger who's a $4M cap hit this year & next for 2nd, 4th & 5th round picks sure seems like a slam dunk to me.

It guess it all comes down to what kind of prospect Bergman is.

Because shedding a 30-point winger who's a $4M cap hit this year & next for 2nd, 4th & 5th round picks sure seems like a slam dunk to me.

eh. 37pts in 74gms is a 40-point winger.

Paces last 5 years:

18: 17gls, 41pts (plyff: 8gls/49pts)
17: 10gls, 26pts (Plyff; 21gls/41pts)
16: 18gls, 52pts
15: 26gls, 51pts
14: 19gls, 51pts

he did have a disastrous 1st year with SJ, that's true.

based on his possession declines it looks like he is either (i) on a physical decline or (ii) just doens't fit the sharks' system.

he's basically been a liability for them, so turning him into a 2nd and some extra picks without taking on any $ is a good move for them imo.

i guess ottawa is hoping that he gets back to being the possession driver he was in arizona.

he really should keep Patches, imo. guy is underrated. he won't get proper value.

depends on what they can sign him for

but likely he is too expensive and not nearly as good once the habs fire the GM and start a rebuild

based on his possession declines it looks like he is either (i) on a physical decline or (ii) just doens't fit the sharks' system.

he's basically been a liability for them, so turning him into a 2nd and some extra picks without taking on any $ is a good move for them imo.

i guess ottawa is hoping that he gets back to being the possession driver he was in arizona.

fair.

it also seems like Bergman is a RHD with size, skill, and skating.

I feel that it's funny that one is described as an imminent #1C and the other as waiver wire fodder.

In a crappy year this season Galchenyuk hit Boedker's career high set in the 2013-14 season.
And does anyone really think Galchenyuk is a #1 C at this point? It' s just a stupid move by a team that is easily dead-last in centre strength to move him.

yep

habs have to really do something drastic if they want Hughes next year

btw the sens have to give up this year's first rounder....no?

shirley they do not risk having to give up Hughes next season?

[video=youtube;KM2K7sV-K74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74[/video]

In a crappy year this season Galchenyuk hit Boedker's career high set in the 2013-14 season.
And does anyone really think Galchenyuk is a #1 C at this point? It' s just a stupid move by a team that is easily dead-last in centre strength to move him.

it's Galy's 2nd best season. how is that crappy?

it's Galy's 2nd best season. how is that crappy?

3rd best assuming you're a sane and rational person who thinks that 44 points in 61 games is better than 51 points in 82 games. And also 3rd best of the last 3 years.

But yeah, nobody thinks that AG is an imminent #1 C anymore, but he still has potential to be a serviceable #2C on a team. And Boedker isn't that bad, especially for a cheap-ass team like Ottawa, he only makes 3M in real salary each of the next 2 years, which is not bad for a 3rd line guy. 4M cap hit, but that won't matter to Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back