• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the NHL 2016-2017

ok so what if our pick is 23rd in this shit draft?

I wouldn't do it. In a few years from now the leafs will have tough decisions to make with hyman brown gauthier, kapanen, will have to replace Martin and komarov, etc.

You need to have good young players ready to step in.

I think that in a capped world having picks In the first two rounds is essential for long term success

I wouldn't do it. In a few years from now the leafs will have tough decisions to make with hyman brown gauthier, kapanen, will have to replace Martin and komarov, etc.

You need to have good young players ready to step in.

I think that in a capped world having picks In the first two rounds is essential for long term success
Yeah, I agree.

It may look like a shit draft, but that's what Hunter's here for. Making 4th & 1st overall picks is easy, comparatively.

Mediocre drafts, late 1st round picks and mid-round picks is where he'll really be earning his money for us.

We are we if we ran this season with Reimer and Chara?

Not one point out of 3rd in the Atlantic Im sure

No to trading 1sts for geezers.

If you gotta get Chara, trade Carrick and a 2nd, or something like that.

As for the expansion draft, can't we just resign Hunwick or Polak to a cheap one year deal and leave them exposed?

No to trading 1sts for geezers.

If you gotta get Chara, trade Carrick and a 2nd, or something like that.

As for the expansion draft, can't we just resign Hunwick or Polak to a cheap one year deal and leave them exposed?
What would that accomplish, exactly?

Isn't our issue not having enough guys to expose, or is it just forwards?
It's just the forwards we're short on at the moment.

You only need to expose one defenseman who's under contract for next year and has played either 40 games this year or 70 games over the past two years.

Either Connor Carrick or Martin Marincin will fit the bill for us there, and we'll have to expose at least one of them anyway (with Rielly & Gardiner being two of the three defensemen we can protect, and Zaitsev being exempt).

5yrs

Andersen: 162gms, .918sv% (.924es)
Reimer: 163gms, .916sv% (.925es)

3yrs

Andersen: 134gms, .917sv% (.923es)
Reimer: 94gms, .915sv% (.926es)

2yrs

Andersen: 80gms, .918sv% (.925es)
Reimer: 59gms, .919sv% (.933es)

hqdefault.jpg

Back