• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the NHL 2016-2017

Heh. Funny.

Arvidsson's career high (at 23 years of age) is the exact same total Marner put up in his 19 year-old rookie season.

And they're producing at an almost identical clip so far this year, in spite of Marner's slow start.
Maybe, but I take 31 goals over 19 and 8 goals ahead of 2.

PPG last 2yrs year age 24 or younger (min 20gms):

Kucherov 1.26 - McDavid 1.22 - Scheifele 1.08
Gaudreau 1.00 - Matthews 0.90 - Draisaitl 0.94
Huberdeau 0.92 - Barkov 0.90 - Pastrnak 0.93
Barzal 0.86 - Eichel 0.90 - Boeser 0.87

Keller 0.85 - Monahan 0.78 - Laine 0.85
Skinner 0.80 - Hischier 0.75 - Marner 0.78
Forsberg 0.77 - Johansen 0.74 - Rakell 0.76
Arvidsson 0.76 - MacKinnon 0.74 - Ehlers 0.75

Zibanejad 0.74 - Trocheck 0.74 - Nylander 0.73
Guentzel 0.71 - Kuznetsov 0.72 - Drouin 0.70
Miller 0.69 - Wennberg 0.69 - Point 0.68
Tkachuk 0.66 - Horvat 0.67 - Mantha 0.68

I'd take the better hockey player over the one who has more goals.

But maybe that's just me.

With two players putting up similar points, you the one with the more goals.

But you're right, take the better player. Shame that's not Marner.

With two players putting up similar points, you the one with the more goals.

But you're right, take the better player. Shame that's not Marner.

On a list like this, tie goes to the guy 4 years younger. If Arvidsson was offered to us straight up for Marner, we'd be idiots to make the deal.

On a list like this, tie goes to the guy 4 years younger. If Arvidsson was offered to us straight up for Marner, we'd be idiots to make the deal.

The list is top 25 under 25.

Not potentially top 25, so I'm taking that to mean who is better right now, like in a non keeper league fantasy team. Now as someone who actually has marner and arvidsson on his fantasy team, I can tell you who I have in my lineup and who's riding the pine in case someone gets hurt.

Not potentially top 25, so I'm taking that to mean who is better right now, like in a non keeper league fantasy team. Now as someone who actually has marner and arvidsson on his fantasy team, I can tell you who I have in my lineup and who's riding the pine in case someone gets hurt.

and I can tell you who's gonna lose his pool.

Should the list have Matthews over McDavid?

Not sure how we shifted the argument from best player to player most likely to score more, but if you're looking at who will score more going forward:

Arvy: 12.1sh%, 13.7oish%
Mitch: 5.6sh%, 11.1oish%

So even with all the extra ice time, Arvy still won't likely keep outproducing Mitch.

As far as who's the better player, Mitch would be crushing Arvy with similar icetime.

Marner has been carrying around an anchor for the past year+. Let's see what happens if he is kept on Matthews wing.

Back